Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Vs Eircom Vs IBB

• 13-10-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭

So here I am stuck with DSL BB.

I;ve an 'amber' line so can only get 5/7mb and with Eircom that works out as €55.11 a month for just the broadband.
    The contention is a whopping 48:1 so ideally I'd go somewhere else.
    (this coupled with the fact that every visible network on my machine is an eircom network)

Smart is €48 with no cap and a 24:1 contention, I've heard good things about them so thinking of going there.

IBB is €60 with a 30gb cap (double for an extra €5 apparently) but has a 12:1 contention ratio.

Smart is leading the way for me so far, but the annoying thing is I cannot switch as Eircom will NOT give me my account number, for security reasons. I'm calling from the listed number, talking to the same bloke I was talking to earlier but he 'isnt allowed'
    feckers, this means at least a 3 day wait and then the same hassle with smart.
    You just know eircom get to charge me for a month now (the line is 2 days old)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

DeadParrot wrote: »
    Smart is €48 with no cap and a 24:1 contention, I've heard good things about them so thinking of going there.
    Smart have introduced a cap of 170gb upload and download for 30days rolling combined in the past few months. But saying that they are much better than eircom from my experience

Advertisement