Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New ferry Rosslare to Cherbourg

• 13-10-2009 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Celtic Link ferries are running a ferry from Cherbourg to Rosslare. Took the boat last week from Cherbourg to Portsmouth, small enough ship but nice all the same. They charged €120, Brittany Ferries wanted €195 for the same route and Stena (I think) well over €200. Seems to be a flat rate of €120 from Rosslare too. Its essentially a freight ship which will take cars, vans and campers. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition on this route anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

Thanks for this. I'm looking to travel to France next year, And I'll keep celtic link in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

CelticLink have been doing the Roslare route for a few years now. They were quiet competitive a few years back but Irish ferries seem to be undercutting them during the summer schedule. When we used them about four years ago and it was confortable, not overcrowded and they provided free meals on board.
    Another Ferry company worth considering is LD Lines who sail Roslare-Cherbourg and are quiet competetive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

To the best of my knowledge (which isnt a lot :p) LD lines are doing the Rosslare to Le Harve route not Cherbourg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Malta1 wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge (which isnt a lot :p) LD lines are doing the Rosslare to Le Harve route not Cherbourg

That's what I thought and the 18hrs sailing put me off the idea, This year they were sailing Roslare- LeHavre, their website now say it's Roslare-Cherbourg.

It looks like they've signed a deal with CelticLink on this route.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

They told me in Cherbourg that they are taking over the LD lines route, but I never asked if it was for the winter or for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

Just got an online quote to compare Celtic Link with Brittany. The Celtic Link price was €640 and BF was €960 for the exact same details.
    The sailing times for Celtic Link are much better than the previous schedule with LD Lines - leaving at a reasonable time and arriving in the middle of the day instead of at midnight.
    Looks like a very good service.

Advertisement