Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignore - incorrect

• 13-10-2009 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Just a word of warning - with O2 Experience plans the 250 free webtexts mentioned on their webtext page on their website are actually not free.
    Lots of folk including myself have got caught out this way.

Actually I was wrong. The above is incorrect. They are free. My recent calls shown on the O2 website were not actually my recent calls and other folk that were getting confused were actually using more than the 250 limit. The following however is true -

Also it may take up to 48 hours (some people have reported it to even take longer) to have your free texts/calls activated when you first top up and every other time after that if you have not topped up within the 30 days. (I think with Meteor it only takes a few minutes for them to be activated but correct me if i am wrong.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Weyhey wrote: »
    Just a word of warning - with O2 Experience plans the 250 free webtexts mentioned on their webtext page on their website are actually not free.
    Lots of folk including myself have got caught out this way.

It's not clear what you are saying.

Are you saying that they are advertising free webtexts with their O2 Experience plan and that they are not in fact available? Or are you saying there are webtexts, but they are not free?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    It's not clear what you are saying.

Are you saying that they are advertising free webtexts with their O2 Experience plan and that they are not in fact available? Or are you saying there are webtexts, but they are not free?

On their webtexts page on their website it says "Send up to 250 free SMS messages via Webtext per calendar month. Your free Webtext message can be sent in any language to anywhere in the world.Every Webtext sent when you have exceeded your 250 free Webtext allowance will be charged at 10c - to any mobile anywhere in the World!"

but this does not seem to apply to those on the 02 Experience Pus and More plans, anyone on these plans seem to be charged for sending texts via webtext (and therefore possibly jsms?).

Some folk who recently changed plans and had been used to the free webtexts have been caught out by this recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Seems like a bug in o2's system to me. Have you addressed it with them? What have they said?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Actually I was wrong. They are free. I am new to pre pay. My recent calls shown on the O2 website were not actually my most recent calls (todays and last nights were not included) and other folk that were getting confused were actually using more than the 250 limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm gonna lock this thread off now then.

Thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement