Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Developing photos

• 13-10-2009 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering where most people get their photos developed. At home, a shop, the internet or some other place?

With me my printer wouldn't be good enough, the shops around here are crap and expensive so I go for the internet (whenever I can get a loan of my brothers/fathers credit card)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

I have recently started using GMS and find them excellent but for a run of 6x4's I would usually use Fuji and make sure that there is no 'auto correct' on any of the photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Orla K wrote: »
    I'm just wondering where most people get their photos developed. At home, a shop, the internet or some other place?
    :confused:
    Do you mean getting film developed ? or are you talking about getting prints done from digital files ? If the latter then I use photobox.ie for all my printing. It gets generally favourable mention here.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Slav

Orla K wrote: »

With me my printer wouldn't be good enough, the shops around here are crap and expensive so I go for the internet (whenever I can get a loan of my brothers/fathers credit card)
    Do you mean printing photos?

Then it's the ink jet printer for me. I have Epson R1800 and R800 with refillable cartridges and bulk inks: InkjetFly for colour and Piezography for B/W. Hahnemühle paper. The quality of the prints is far better then you can normally get from the traditional RA-4 process. Plus you're in control of every step if the workflow if you have calibrated monitor and printer profile for your printer/inks/paper combination. Also the prints are more suitable for archiving if you use quality pigment inks and acid-free paper.

What printer do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I always say developed when I mean print, I think it's a habit from doing my own film photos.

I use photobox too but annoyingly I can't get the laser card option on it for some reason.

Also the printer I have isn't worth mentioning, it's a hp inkjet. With photos I only use it as a test before I spend money on getting the photos done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I use 360-dpi.com which is run by a regular poster here (stcstc)

This is a choice for quality rather than price.

You can upload images by FTP & they can be posted back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sorry for hi jacking the thread somewhat.

But I've to get a photo printed out for a photography class tomorrow and because of time constraints, harvey normans is probably my best choice.

Just need one photo printed out in the regular size but how do the machines in there work? I pop my memory key in and select the photo I want printed and then pay at the photo desk? how long does it take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

draffodx max 5 mins

Advertisement