If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperate Home Cinema

• 13-10-2009 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a seperate home cinema set up.
    The room is 4.2m X 8m, A system to compliment the room, speakers and amps.
    As i want to mount the speakers in the corners of the room and not too obvious, so i'd need small speakers.
    Also provision for connecting in my ps3, blueray and Sky HD via hdmi.
    Max budget approx. £600 stg, cheaper if possible.

I have a HDTV but what would you suggest to compliament ? (42"+)

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

good one wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a seperate home cinema set up.
    The room is 4.2m X 8m, A system to compliment the room, speakers and amps.
    As i want to mount the speakers in the corners of the room and not too obvious, so i'd need small speakers.
    Also provision for connecting in my ps3, blueray and Sky HD via hdmi.
    Max budget approx. £600 stg, cheaper if possible.

I have a HDTV but what would you suggest to compliament ? (42"+)

Thanks

Good one,

apologies for the awful delay in getting back to you :o.

£600 will get you an excellent Surround system - I would recommend the following:

Onkyo TXSR507 with the excellent Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 speaker system we can do these at just £549.95 / 609.99 (I'm pretty sure if you search online for that you will see that no other dealer is even offering the Vector 5.1 system at than money - never mind adding in the Onkyo for the same price!)

Alternatively if you want smaller speakers you could opt for the excellent Tannoy SFX 5.1 speaker pack with the 507 at just £449.95 / €499.99 and again if you want to step up the quality a bit you could add the Denon AVR1610 to the Tannoy SFX at £489.95 / €539.99

Keep me posted if any of these interest you and again please accept my apologies for the delay in my reply.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Hi John ,
    Thanks for getting back to me .
    It all looks good.
    If i visit the shop in belfast would it be possible to see the speakers?

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

good one wrote: »
    Hi John ,
    Thanks for getting back to me .
    It all looks good.
    If i visit the shop in belfast would it be possible to see the speakers?

Thanks again

Good One,

Yes of course - they are both standard stock items - however always give us a bell before you travel to make sure we have whatever you need in stock to show you - we are low on the Vectors at the moment - but we have more coming in next week anyway so we should be fine!

Thanks again and drop em a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.