Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media Player for circa €130

• 13-10-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I am going to buy a media player for watching movies and I know that the Iomega 500gig screenplay HD can be got for around €110 online plus P&P . Has anyone got any advice about looking for players or any recommendations on players . I want it to be fairly easy to operate and a bit future proofed . I don't have HD TV but I assume this old tv aint gonna last much longer .

Thanks in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Iomega tend to be good and have good customer care. What files will you be playing? I assume you have avi (xvid/divx) you need to play. All player will play these types and I don't see these changing, unless you start to use HD. Some iomega play HD but only in WMVHD file type not the more popular mkv. So if in the future you plan on going down the HD route, these media driver are not for you.

However if new file types come out, then normally you can update the firmware from their website for free, but again this won't include support for mkv HD files.

Subtitle files (.srt) can sometimes be a problem too, so make sure the drive supports these if you plan on watching avi's with subtitles.

Hope this help. If you need any more info let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

Thanks Funky ... yeah , guy next door was saying to me to watch out for the .mkv files that I might need to play them and that Iomega does not support them .

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SpudGunr

Hi
    I recently bought stuff on ebay from a guy in Cork. Very reasonably priced and I think he had a 1 TB media player for €199 with next day delivery anywhere in ROI
    [url]www.vtel.ie:[/url])

Advertisement