Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drilled air nozzle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

TheDoc wrote: »
    As ideal that would be to a retailer and possibly those who travel abroad enough.

Thats an arseholes wet dream, as you can well imagine.

People here have been caught going out of bounds on play sites to try sneak around a chrono, could you imagine what would happen with a quick change gearbox....
    Quoted for absolute bloody truth....

Totally right, the fact people can cheat with normal gearboxes, and systema PTWs.... imagine how bad it would get with quick change when the marshal isnt looking? swap it back when they want to crono? There is no easy way sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Firekitten wrote: »
    How best to say this... Perhaps the method you have been told about, is the incorrect one? There is a way to do it without swarf everywhere, and correctly. But Its going far off topic.

Puding: Duh, as I said... lesser of two evils, but both are still pretty evil :P

Oh and getting shot in the chest does tend to suck... Pneumothorax's aren't cool kids....

sure were far enough as is you may as well enlighten me.

sure were far enough as is you may as well enlighten me.
    Trade secrets... you know how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Trade secrets... you know how it is.

if thats your trade id be looking into another FAS course:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

TheDoc wrote: »
    As ideal that would be to a retailer and possibly those who travel abroad enough.

Thats an arseholes wet dream, as you can well imagine.

People here have been caught going out of bounds on play sites to try sneak around a chrono, could you imagine what would happen with a quick change gearbox....

SO whats your opinon on velocity reducing flash hiders.
    Me thinks just as bad as a quick change spring idea.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the flash hider are unbelievably stupid and i;ve yet to see an event in the world that will accept them, they work on friction and are liable to stop working at the drop of a hat, let alone the fact someone can remove it with ease

Puding wrote: »
    the flash hider are unbelievably stupid and i;ve yet to see an event in the world that will accept them, they work on friction and are liable to stop working at the drop of a hat, let alone the fact someone can remove it with ease

yeah i know someone using them and i am going to make a prosposal to ban them on our site.
    After all if they have to use them the aeg is illegal in the first place.

lochdara wrote: »
    I know you wanted doc's view, but in my opinion they are extremely inconsistent, and also illegal to use in ireland. The output is still over, those things are _too_ easy to change, and dont work all the time. Also ruin your accuracy. We have a lot of trouble with them at english sites for guns shooting over... nearly evey site bans thier use.

Frank: I didn't say it was MY trade secret. Never used the practice in my life, never intend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

we banned them at cork last year from the beginning tbh

all opinions count..

Thanks. Its my view too..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Actually it IS more consistent.... While drilling anything is not the best way to do things. Drilling the cylinder with the correct bit will reduce the volume of the cylinder. NOT change the dynamics of the air flowing out of it. The Air nozzle has no holes in it for a reason... Its to provide a consistent flow of air, without eddies, to the bb, which when coupled with hop/ barrel, improves the accuracy of the bb on leaving the barrel. A turbulent air flow, as caused by a drilled nozzle will create uneven ballence in the air behind the BB, leading to increased variance in flight path. the cylinder, done right, (ie without the piston in the way (lol)) Is the best way to do THAT type of downgrade. However as has been agreed, spring change is by far and wide the best method, and one people should strive to use when possible. Admitedly in the volumes, sometimes its not economically feasble to do so.

Thats bull shit to be honest.

Not to mention where all these metal filings are going to go as you drill into the cylinder, aswell as the burrs left on the inside where the piston and O Ring have to pass...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

Shiva wrote: »
    First off, Irishlostboy...as I have said before to other people, if you buy something from Eirsoft, and there is a problem, we will do our best to solve it for you if you let us know about it.

etc... too long to quote...

i love this place. one retailer you cannot even name, and another you cannot speak ill about even if its a perfectly quantifiable and legitimate grieviance. nepotism much?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

i love this place. one retailer you cannot even name, and another you cannot speak ill about even if its a perfectly quantifiable and legitimate grieviance. nepotism much?

irishlostboy , Firstly there are no retailers that "you cannot even name" in the Airsoft forum.

Perhaps you should have another read of the Airsoft forum charter as well as the sticky mentioning a change in said charter.

Secondly if you have a grievience with ANY retailer posting about it on boards.ie is not the way to have the issue resolved.
    Contact the retailer in question and discuss the issue with them.

nepotism much?
    :rolleyes:

If you feel the moderators of the forum are some how showing favouritism towards particular users please feel free to PM us about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Hi all and thanks for your informative replies.

Does anyone have a recommondation for whose spring to use? Prometheus? Gaurder? and what does non - linear in a spring mean?

Final question - I note that the springs seem to have a different number of coils per lenght. ie more coils per inch at the front compared to the back. Does it matter which way they are installed?

Hello Growler,

Yes, Tighter coils go to the rear of the gearbox nearest to the Spring guide.

Non Linear means just that... the coils are not evenly spaced, and as such, it produces a more regular elastic behaviour by the spring, than with a linear compression that would exert more stress on the bonds of the material.

Ie, non linear lasts longer.

I'd recomend a prometheus spring personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Guarder springs are meant to be good, stay away from Element one's, they're a bit dodgy, Prometheus springs are good too.

Older ones were quite bad Lefty, But the newer batches seem quite good to me.

To be honest guarder and promy are both excelent... cant go wrong with either....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Hello Growler,
    Non Linear means just that... the coils are not evenly spaced, and as such, it produces a more regular elastic behaviour by the spring, than with a linear compression that would exert more stress on the bonds of the material. quote]

Thanks FK- that explains it. I had visions of a linear spring going forward and back. A non linear going everywhere...

Lefty - Prometheus it will be:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Older ones were quite bad Lefty, But the newer batches seem quite good to me.

To be honest guarder and promy are both excelent... cant go wrong with either....

I must have gotten a bad one so...

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Hello Growler,
    Non Linear means just that... the coils are not evenly spaced, and as such, it produces a more regular elastic behaviour by the spring, than with a linear compression that would exert more stress on the bonds of the material. quote]

Thanks FK- that explains it. I had visions of a linear spring going forward and back. A non linear going everywhere...

Lefty - Prometheus it will be:D

mmm no... they ALL go everywhere if you arent careful.... the number of times ive been hit by a flying spring guide, had a spring pass gracefully over my shoulder, under my arm, hit me on the forehead is uncountable...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Systema and guarder i would steer well clear of. Ive seen a few of them break up after a few thousand rounds.
    The promethius MS90 in a V3 of an AUG will typically give you about 320fps give or take a few for the tolerences in its build.
    As far as non linear springs go, its all about the "tightness" of the coils and the way it differs down through the spring. There will be a tapered end on the spring too, put this at the spring guide end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

lochdara wrote: »

I have never used one so wouldnt know.

I was seriously considering buying a Systema just for the fact I can change a cyclinder in it for travelling abroad and the likes. Then I went to Sweden, and was absolutely fine with1 joule. So I pretty much dropped that idea straight off

I do not think there is an excuse to use such items in this country. There is an absolute wealth of stores within our country that not only provide the actual downgrading service, but are helpful enough to put you in the correct path of how to go about downgrading.

There is Boards.ie, an enormous hub of information on downgrading and spring choice, and you get to pick the brains of the best in the business and those in the know.

I have to say over the last few months I can honestly hand on heart say, whilst a few months ago there was a large portion of people asking me in the shop how to upgrade fps, asking to buy high fps springs, or looknig for tricks to beat chronos, there is absolutely little to none of it happening anymore which is a really great sign.

I have to say the best thing that ever happend to this game was that big dirty thread we had about a proposed blacklist, the idea alone seemed to work, because over the space of 2-3 weeks I noticed alot less cheating, alot more confident stern marshalls, and alot less bull**** at the chronos. And everyone should take pride in that, that we took our game and sorted out a kink.

So I guess in relation to the muzzle flash hider, I dont see the need for it, and I dont see why someone should have it. It doesn't make the gun legal, afaik that would be like putting heavier BB's in to bring dow nthe fps and calling it legal.

However if its a guy you know having an absolute nightmare with his gun, and its his only gun, its up to you as a site owner to make that call. No one would have a problem with a genuine bloke coming down, using that to make his gun legal, and ensuring its legal the whole play time.

Problem is its sometimes hard to spot genuine blokes from the chancers.

Thats the point doc... they dont consistently lower fps, and on full auto or too fast semi, have no effect.

Plus as you said rightly. They dont make the gun legal, so its still skirmishing an illegal gun whichever way one looks at it.

Site owner is legally responsible to not allow illegal guns on site... its thier call in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hugh323

Same thing done to my vsr10 clone I got at hobby Airsoft. It's a real shame as a lower spring would make far more sense but whether cheaper for them I guess. Does anyone know if I can plug the holes?

Advertisement