Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick's Music Scene

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bag of Glue and Pure Awkward have been their best work, they really havent produced anything good since them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

bobmeaney wrote: »
    Ill have to step in there Paulegend, the rubberbandits have been making music for the past 12 months or so, and damn fine music at that. They even supported Ice Cube in the tripod in Dublin earlier this year.

You should check out their myspace and see/listen for yourself. http://www.myspace.com/rubberbanditspranks .

edit; what's 'The Limerick way' you are referring to?

ok ill hold my hands up and i apologise if they are actually playing music now. havent heard them but ill prob check it out later(cant open myspace at work).

the "limerick way" im refering to is "well shame hows it going" and all that waa talk really. thats what i meant by it. they where talking and acting like limerick scumbags which seems to be a norm thing to do these days

pretending to be a scumbag is as bad as being one. its not funny its sad

O MY FUPING GOD!!!!!

just checked it out on myspace on my mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i take back my apology

role models for any child i say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

they played to a capacity 5000 people at electric picnic, and their next Dublin show is circa €20 a ticket and gonna be a sell out, they're the friday night act at the galway comedy festival this weekend, etc. etc.
    I'd say they're not worried if you don't like their music, enough people do to make it very worthwhile.

very true. celian dion doesnt care that i hate her either. she wont mail me back. that bidch:D

• Advertisement

Paulegend wrote: »
    very true. celian dion doesnt care that i hate her either. she wont mail me back. that bidch:D
    ur spelling her name wrong, the emails probably arent getting through :pac:

zuroph wrote: »
    ur spelling her name wrong, the emails probably arent getting through :pac:

touché :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Back on topic. Another band worth a mention would be The Brad Pitt Light Orchestra
    http://www.myspace.com/bplo

They remind me of bands like Belle&Sebastian, Magnetic Fields, Divine Comedy, Fred.. and Jens Lekman. They have been getting a lot of radio play on TodayFM and 2FM with their song 'Soon', one of the catchiest tunes I've heard in ages.

I want Paulegend to come up with something, and if all he comes up with is The Cranberries, I will find him and I will kill him. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

I liked the rubber bandits phone calls and their 1st song bags of glue but the other sonngs i played to people in college not from limerick and they were like its very boring after bags of glue because of the scumbag satire!I saw them in trinity rooms and being honest they should stick to comedy writing.Their getting alot of good spots because they know the right people

rubber bandits should try the knob nation/gift grub/phone jacker stuff they would be brillant at that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Anyone into metal? The Siege of Limerick is on this Sunday in Baker Place.

It's an all day metal fest, starting at 12 noon. Free entry.

http://www.myspace.com/badreplive

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    Anyone into metal? The Siege of Limerick is on this Sunday in Baker Place.

It's an all day metal fest, starting at 12 noon. Free entry.

http://www.myspace.com/badreplive

sounds good! free gigs:)

I want Paulegend to come up with something, and if all he comes up with is The Cranberries, I will find him and I will kill him. :mad:

ironicly i know a chick who sang with them a couple times in dirty nellies.

ooooooooooooooo im on the spot to come up with some1 now:D

well tenor Derek Malony would be bitter if i didnt give him a mention for anyone who likes that style of music. even if your not a fan his pretty good.

also seen a band in bakers this time last year. they are from waterford their name is Floyd Soul and the Wolf they have a kings of leon kind of beat to them http://www.myspace.com/floydsoul

let me know what you think. they are up and coming and hopefully not just another almost.

besides bakers and occasionally dolans where can you watch up and coming bands play their own stuff????????

I liked the rubber bandits phone calls and their 1st song bags of glue but the other sonngs i played to people in college not from limerick and they were like its very boring after bags of glue because of the scumbag satire!I saw them in trinity rooms and being honest they should stick to comedy writing.Their getting alot of good spots because they know the right people.
    rubber bandits should try the knob nation/gift grub/phone jacker stuff they would be brillant at that

again, the attendance figures dont lie. They're selling out shows around the country.

Also, they were asked to do a similar radio thing, but i believe, due to legal worries by the station they were asked to fake the calls. :mad:

Well at electric picnic you playing to a huge crowd,im sorry i saw them in trinity and the songs sucked excpet bag of glue cause its catchy

I saw them play to a sold out show in The Academy in Dublin and you wouldn't believe the improvement in their act, friends of mine who were previously dismissive of them were only in attendance to see the support act Hardy Bucks and were amazed at how good the Bandits were. New songs and prank calls were played. Couldn't recommend them enough.

I saw them play to a sold out show in The Academy in Dublin and you wouldn't believe the improvement in their act, friends of mine who were previously dismissive of them were only in attendance to see the support act Hardy Bucks and were amazed at how good the Bandits were. New songs and prank calls were played. Couldn't recommend them enough.

cool good to know their very bad at putting stuff up on youtube etc,i'll give them a 2nd chance

The rumours Im hearing, the Christmas show is going to be amazing!

oh come on tell!!

I can't say a word! Gonna be a good one though..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

zuroph wrote: »
    again, the attendance figures dont lie. They're selling out shows around the country.

Also, they were asked to do a similar radio thing, but i believe, due to legal worries by the station they were asked to fake the calls. :mad:

Robbie Williams/Westlife and the llike sell out loads of places and they're still **** so attendance figures mean nothing really.

Bag of Glue was funny the first 20 times, The hearing aid phone call is brilliant but overall i think the rubberbandits are kind of crap. Not into the whole scum bag slant they have going on at all at all but whatever does it for ye. There's enough wannabe scumbags in Limerick as it is. ;) More a comedy thing than a music act anyway imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I don't think you get the rubberbandits...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any other local acts worth checking out..?

Sticking with rap, how's about Jay Red?

http://www.myspace.com/mcjayredmimic

Or this abomination filmed in Trinity Rooms, but, you know...fair play for trying!

Or this abomination filmed in Trinity Rooms, but, you know...fair play for trying!

Sweet jesus what was trinity thinking!!leave a few young lads that dress like scumbags into your club great for the image

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

they could have at least gotten trooms when it was busy...or with decent lookin 'beorghs' at least:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Not sure if it's strictly Limerick, but I know the guy that's 'driving' the car, he was in my class at school last year.

Hate this type of music though, but it's still music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

lol I went to school with one of those lads!

a good thread turned into an advert for scumbag hypnotisim:mad: tut tut tut

rap and r&b are not music:cool:

• Advertisement

Paulegend wrote: »
    a good thread turned into an advert for scumbag hypnotisim:mad: tut tut tut

rap and r&b are not music:cool:
    lets not write off an entire genre because some of it is ****. There is some amazingly talented Rap out there. just not that gangsta sh1te.

Advertisement