Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cave Diving in Ireland - Wed 4th Nov 8pm TCD

• 13-10-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

I'm very pleased to announce details of the second of a series of talks hosted by Dublin University SAC (DUSAC) in and around the area of technical diving.

Artur Kozlowski - Cave Diving in Ireland - 8pm Wed 4th November
    Robert Emmet Theatre (Room 2037)
    Arts Building, Trinity College Dublin

For more information on the location of the talks within Trinity see: http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/map.php

Artur was born in Poland in 1977 and came to Ireland in 2006 with 13 warm water dives under the belt. He started learning cave diving with Welsh cave diving instructor Martyn Farr in 2007. In 2008 Artur explored Pollatoomary and recorded the deepest underwater cave dive in Ireland and Britain, at -103m. Since that time his main interest has shifted to largely unexplored, massive underwater cave systems underlying the Gort Lowlands in Co. Clare. In 2009 he started using a rebreather which resulted in spectacular discoveries in Gort area - including exploring 4km of new underwater passages with Jim Warny. At the same time Artur is actively sustaining traditional style cave diving exploration – dry caving with sidemount sump diving, mostly in challenging caves in the north of the country. Artur is a PADI and DSAT Tec instructor.

The shows are free and open to the public so feel free to bring along any friends etc. with an interest in diving. We will be accepting donations on the night and all proceeds will go to the Irish Cave Rescue Organisation - ICRO.

Cheers, Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

cave diving freaks me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭smcmullan

Well hopefully sitting in a lecture theatre in Trinity College listening to Artur won't be too scary or maybe seeing how its Halloween its good cheap scares all round :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Will Jim Warny be there...?:)
    He's so hot right now......

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tonka

i strongly recommend this lecture to anyone who has or wants to dive or cave. this is a lot more hard core than wreck diving or caving.

i met Art a few weeks back making pasta by caplamp in the fermanagh country side. He has some ace stories.

He has even read Jordans (Katie Price) latest novel. twice??

More hardcore? Well it depends on how you do your wreck diving or caving. We'll have other presenters later in the series diving wrecks in the 100m+ range (actually 120m+ range) with 5-6 hour runtimes in the North Channel. They are not exactly soft :rolleyes:

But yeah Artur is pretty special. Reading that book twice is a sign of a real desperado.

Loctite - if Jim is there I'll tell him you were asking for him :eek:

Folks - it couldn't be easier to find the location. If you're coming in the Nassau St/Dawson St side entrance - just take the first building entrance on your right and the Robert Emmet theatre is the very first lecture theatre on your right. The name is also on the orange coloured double doors. I'm sure there will be a few diver-looking types milling about outside.

If anyone is driving in then I reckon your best bet is Setanta Car Park just off Molesworth Street: http://www.dublinks.com/maps/Setanta-Car-Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Hi,

Congratulations to Artur on an excellent presentation last night - really informative and funny too.

Stephen,
    Were you the guy that introduced the talk?
    I'm the guy that asked the question about whether the audience were cavers or divers.
    Cheers,
    L-M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Really enjoyed this lecture last night - does anyone have the link to Arturs Vimeo page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Keedowah wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this lecture last night - does anyone have the link to Arturs Vimeo page?

http://www.vimeo.com/7410504

Hi,
    Stephen,
    Were you the guy that introduced the talk?
    Yes thats me.

Glad everyone enjoyed the talk. If anyone is keen then you can grab Artur's podcast - details on www.technicaldiving.ie

By the way we raised €300 for the Irish Cave Rescue Organisation - thanks to all the contributors for their generosity.

There's another on on Wed 2nd Dec - see other thread for details

Cheers, S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 arturconrad

Those who missed that infamous presentation of mine in Trinity College in November don't loose all hope!
    If you're searching for something or someone that will traumatise and haunt you till the end of your days come and join us in :

LIMERICK, 16th March in Mary Immaculate College, South Circular Road

for my presentation

CAVE DIVING IN IRELAND

updated with the recent explorations in Clare, Tipperary and Fermanagh !!!

It starts at 8pm in ROOM 203

The show is free and open to the public so feel free to bring along any friends etc. with an interest in diving or caving.

cheers

Artur Kozlowski

• Advertisement
Advertisement