Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming rent relief

Options
  • 13-10-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

It would be great if some one could help me out with this one. I half been renting in the same apartment for over a year and a half now, €500 per month. My question is how do I go about claiming rent relief ? and can I claim for back rent ?

I rent from a letting agent who is based in Ireland. What type of refund would I be entitled to get back ?

I am renting in Milltown Dublin 6. And I am single

Cheers!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

www.revenue.ie

go print off the form and send to the revenue commissioners or else register with ross and do it online

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If my memory serves me right- it works out at around 320 a year. If you're doing a retrospective claim for last year- do a full return- you might be pleasantly surprised, its highly possible that you may not have claimed other allowances.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

thanks for the infromation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭thebourke

ive just moved into a new place there now..can i apply for the rent relief now to be added as tax credits..or do i have to wait till the end of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

They'll add it as tax credits for the current year and send your employer an updated Form 12 (or P12? whichever one shows your tax credits)

• Advertisement
Advertisement