Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Aways in Crumlin/Kimmage

Options
  • 13-10-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Right, I've lived in Dublin all my life and I know my way around most areas pretty well, but I know very little about what's in Crumlin... which isn't great because I've just moved there! Me and the other half are partial to the odd Friday night in with a movie and some take away grub, so for future reference does anyone know of any really good take aways in the area? Oh, we're both veggies so kebab places wouldhn't be ideal!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Delivery or collection?

For Chinese Jade House and Shirley House would be my picks, both in Kimmage.

You have the usuals aswell near you for pizzas, Apache, Dominoes and Four Star.

For chippers you have the Bistro on Clanbrassil St (not sure if they'd deliver up there far) and personnally it does some of the nicest chips and pizzas in Dublin and it's my local.:D

Borza is suppose to be lovely aswell and it's in Walkinstown, even appeared on RTE's Capital D progamme there last week I think as one of the top 3 chippers in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

capri across from the stoneboat is a lovely chipper and hoang ha chinese in harolds cross is good, they deliver to your area. i wouldnt agree with gavin about shirley house though

capri across from the stoneboat is a lovely chipper and hoang ha chinese in harolds cross is good, they deliver to your area. i wouldnt agree with gavin about shirley house though

Capri +1, haven't had shirley house in donkeys so it could be gone down the drain.

Capri +1, haven't had shirley house in donkeys so it could be gone down the drain.

sean and ciara got poisioned a while ago

sean and ciara got poisioned a while ago

Cross Shirley House off my list so cosmic!:D I'd say they got poisioned from the lack of alcohol in there system btw.;)

• Advertisement

:D true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭cosnochta

Definitely would suggest that you avoid Shirley House. Last time we had a takeaway from there we discovered a bluebottle cooked into our curry. Yuck! :eek:

Ezios on Lower Kimmage Road is my favourite chipper. Montos on Sundrive Road is cheap and the food is yummy. They do takeaways and have some nice veggie options. Jade House is ok, but not the best Chinese ever. We like Passion Palace. They have a restaurant and also deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Deadly! Thanks everyone!

There's more than enough there to keep us fed for a good while. I lived in Harold's Cross for a good few years so I know a few there but I wanted to check out the new area. I'll be trying Capri, Borzas and Montos for definite over the next few weeks :) I'll be sure to steer clear of Shirley House though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

check out passion palace.. it's opposite superquinn on the sundrive road..

it's a restaurant but do take away and deliveries.. great selection of a menu from thai/malaysian/japanese/chinese !!

Advertisement