Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots Nappies - Leakages

Options
  • 13-10-2009 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

We have a 6 week old baby boy and since last weekend he has been either in Huggies or Pampers. Since it's our first we thought we would like to experiment and try some different brands so we bought some Boots own brand ones at the weekend. Since putting him in to the Boots he has leaked several times (in 3 days now) up his back. We are sure that they are on right and that they are secure enough, we never had this problem with Huggies or Pampers :(

Has anyone else here experienced the same problem with them? We bought 2 packs of them from Boots and both packs are open, I was telling my wife that we should try return them and get a refund as we never had this problem with Huggies or Pampers.

Interested in hearing other people's opinions....thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Seasick Hobo

Hi Trotter,

Have experienced the exact same problem as yourself in the past only in the opposite way. My youngest son seems to wet right through Huggies and Pampers, we originally thought they were the wrong size or fitted wrong and after much experimentation we found that Dunnes nappies seemed to keep everything "contained" Its not the St bernard brand but they are in a green packaging and cost around €4 something for a small pack. Also found the Lidl brand ones quite good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

We sware by TESCO nappies (Newborn) 24 nappies = €1.99 :)

Pampers & Huggies nappies have both have leaked on two occassions, the Tesco ones have not leaked (Yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Seasick Hobo

Thought the tesco ones were great but always found they never had the size I was looking for when I went to get them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Silly naive parents that we are thought we would be doing the poor child an injustice by buying the Lidl or Tesco branded ones :)

Sounds like the Tesco brand could be worth a try so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Another recommendation for the Tesco ones here. But as Hobo says, they never have the size you need when you go to get them. They are very popular so out of stock regularly. We stock up with loads of them when we spot them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I'd swear by Pampers Active Fit nappies, my LO is 5 months and there have been absolutely no leakages! Often wondered about the Tesco ones, must buy a pack to test drive them :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Try moving up a size in nappies.
    We found boot nappies the best for the first few months,we found pampers the worst as she got bigger different brands were better.
    The sainsburys own brand nappies have been pretty consistantly good and now that she is bigger pampers are good too.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Huggies were great on my son, but no good on my daughter, Pampers worked best for her, so the way they fit seems to matter. Tbh, I never went for the cheaper brands because my son got a rash once in the early days, and I blamed the cheaper nappy, plus the cheaper wipes were dire, and that kept me away from all budget brand stuff.

I was probably wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I think it depends on the child. I couldn't use pampers on the first as they leaked and could only use pampers on the second. First child was longer and thinner and the second was chubbier around the middle so that might be why. Just find the best fit for your own child.

Kind of off topic but I also used caldesene powder for nappy rash on my first and it was great. Second child came along and it was useless. A bit strange but I suppose its just different skin types.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

foxy06 wrote: »
    I think it depends on the child.

I think thats def true after reading peoples comments above, so many conflicting opinions!!

We'll soon find the right ones for him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I found huggies to be brutal and pampers great but expensive the Lidl ones are brilliant too hand no leakages but again he has grown out of their largest size and now in the papers 5+ active fit

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Aldi or Tesco's all the way - others are a rip off and probably all made in the same factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Glad I saw this

I'm due my second in a few weeks time and have been stocking up nappies over the last couple of months. Of course I have bought loads of Boots ones.

Apart from that its Pampers which I used on my daughter but which I found, and still find, to be a total rip off. They are good but not that good.

Never thought about using Tesco's own brand. I always thought shops own brands were a bit rubbish to be honest but I'll be giving them a go now thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine its down to making use there is a snug fit at the back while at the same time allowing "expansion space".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

It really does depend on the shape of the child. I find the Tesco ones great, as are the Lidl ones, but neither for overnight, Pampers are the only ones that do an overnight for us. Huggies, in this house, are utter rubbish. Those ones in Dunnes are "Charm" and are good also.

Advertisement