Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete rip off or not?

• 13-10-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

My mate says 6.59eur in his work canteen for the following:
    * a toasted wrap with chicken, stuffing, cheese, garlic mayo
    * regular size bag of tayto
    * bottle of lucozade

Is it just me or does that seem like a massive price considering what some centres and spars are charging these days?

Or is that just normal pricing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hmm, not really a Consumer Issue per se - moved to Rip Off Ireland

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Random wrote: »
    My mate says 6.59eur in his work canteen for the following:
    * a toasted wrap with chicken, stuffing, cheese, garlic mayo
    * regular size bag of tayto
    * bottle of lucozade

Is it just me or does that seem like a massive price considering what some centres and spars are charging these days?

Or is that just normal pricing?

€4.10,77c and €1.29(500ml €1.59) in a centra total €6.16

Thats actually very good value for a work canteen. whats it attached to?shop factory??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Looks about normal I'd say; depends on how well filled it is but no, not really.

Personally I'd drop the sugar colored water for normal free water and crisps can be replaced by a fruit from home but yea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Chicken Bagette €2.75
    Bottle Of Lucozade .75c

Londis (Enda's)Prospect Hill Galway, beat that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Id say its not much more expensive to a lot of places, but add that up over the course of the week. Time to buy a sliced pan and some ham and cheese I'd say ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement