Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frank Hogan Audi Service & Repair

• 13-10-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As per my thread a few weeks ago flywheel and clutch replaced in my A4 2.0 tdi, when it was all bolted back together they found the turbo was gone. Since then I've had loads of opinions but all are saying to go to a main dealer for the repair, which will be expensive but they will have no choice but to stand over the work. I always bought parts and stuff off Newmarket Motors and found them very good but when I went to the Service Department I was extremely disappointed and almost disgusted by what the service manager had to say. Needless to say I wont be carrying the car to them. The other option is Frank Hogan's in Limerick, spoke to their service manager and he was more than helpful and said theyd have a look and then let me decide the extent of the repair if I want to repair it at all (replace oil pump etc if that was the fault of the blown turbo) I have heard that it could possibly be the wrong engine oil (no one has put engine oil in it since I bought it btw) has destroyed the oil pump.

Anyway just wondering what sort of experience people have had with them? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Take it to Blackwater or Newcastle West.

We've transported stuff from Dublin to Blackwater to get it done right and at a good price, and Newcastle West have a great reputation within the VAG network.

I'm surprised at Newmarket, but I don't have any dealings with the service side of things there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Not sure about quality, but I know they are very pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

TBH I dont really mind the price, they are all going to be in and around the same mark considering the turbo alone is €1450. I'd be more interested in peace of mind than saving 100 quid between dealers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd advise you get a written quote. I agree €100 is smallish change, but what if it were €500?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Hogan's are meant to be crazy expensive (never dealt with them directly though)

Pierse Motors in Tipp town are meant to be quite good.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

I will have to get a written quote anyway to send to the warranty company but knowing them I'll probably end up paying it myself and having a big argument about it for 6 months. If they are too expensive I will get the same work priced someplace else I am only asking them to survey the damage at the moment so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

R.O.R wrote: »
    Take it to Blackwater

I have used Blackwater before and will never use them again.
    h3000 wrote: »
    Hogan's are meant to be crazy expensive (never dealt with them directly though)

Pierse Motors in Tipp town are meant to be quite good.

I wouldn't go near Hogan's either but I second Pierse Motors in Tipperary Town. I've always found them excellent.

Advertisement