Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nissan Terrano good for towing?

Options
  • 13-10-2009 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Is this jeep good for towing horsebox.
    Want to buy a cheap jeep for towing. At the moment i drive a normal car nissan almera.
    Saw in a previous thread that the Mitsibuishi Pajero is recommended.
    I drive automatic.
    Would it take awhile to get used to driving a jeep?

Any advice welcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

We've used a 2.8 1994 Ford Maverick (same as a Nissan Terrano) to tow for years and have found it fantastic. It has absolutely no problem towing the horsebox and is also used to tow a cattle trailer with 3 or 4 cattle in it and it has absolutely no problem towing the heavier trailer with a heavy load.

It's also very good in mud/wet conditions: when we were at a point-to-point a while back, it was the only jeep that didn't need to be towed out of the venue because of the mud (with one horse in a 510 box).

As with any vehicle, it would probably take a while to get used to and you may like to drive it without anything behind just to get used to using a non-automatic car. It may also be a good idea to practice towing an empty trailer behind it for a bit just so you can get the feel for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Thank you so much for your reply.

If I get a automatic jeep defo lots of practice just driving it.
    Then professional lessons for towing horsebox empty cos need a licence before i can drive wit trailer horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

how economical are they though?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

You'd do well to get 30 mpg out of any jeep suitable for towing, and the terrano is no exception.

Good tow cars and good choice OP. Look on www.parkers.co.uk for more info and specs about towing capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

i know it has been unrecommended in the past but i'm leaning towards the toyota rav4.

terrano was on my list to but think my insurance would be insane

• Advertisement
Advertisement