Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteors 3G Rates

• 13-10-2009 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

So i got myself a Nokia e71 and within a day meteor sent me their Config file to setup the Meteor streaming connection(i didnt ask for this)

I have been using my eircom wifi connection in the house but checked my bill today online to discover that i accidently made a meteor streaming connection for about 6 minutes which resulted in 4MB's of data and a cost of €70 which is an absolute disgrace, how can Meteor justify these rates, i know they sell bundles of data of 250mb for €5, i dont need to buy these cause i just use my wap and i dont know how i made the connection to "meteor streaming" i'm going to have to cancel my meteor contract now and go to o2 or vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Stacksey wrote: »
    So i got myself a Nokia e71 and within a day meteor sent me their Config file to setup the Meteor streaming connection(i didnt ask for this)

I have been using my eircom wifi connection in the house but checked my bill today online to discover that i accidently made a meteor streaming connection for about 6 minutes which resulted in 4MB's of data and a cost of €70 which is an absolute disgrace, how can Meteor justify these rates, i know they sell bundles of data of 250mb for €5, i dont need to buy these cause i just use my wap and i dont know how i made the connection to "meteor streaming" i'm going to have to cancel my meteor contract now and go to o2 or vodafone

How do you mean you just use your wap? The pricing on WAP is exactly the same as on the streaming access point

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Sorry what i meant to say there was that i just use my eircom connection in the house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Stacksey wrote: »

APN settings are automatically sent by Meteor to your handset every time you put your sim in another handset. While it can be annoying if you often put your sim in different handsets, the service is there to save customers the trouble of either manually entering the APN settings themselves, or calling customer care to resolve their issue.

I agree that their out of bundle postpaid data pricing is ridiculous, but you should call their customer care, if you haven't done so already, and advise them of what has occurred. You never know, they might be of some assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Meteor charge 2c/KB if you do not have a data add-on.
    This is exactly the same charge as both O2 and Vodafone so switching your contract over to them achieves nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Oh you not the only one, I went on WAP to check the latest football scores and was shocked to be charged something like 5euros! That aside how do you find the Nokia E71 am thinking of up grading to it and also get the 250mb data add on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

DonFred wrote: »
    Oh you not the only one, I went on WAP to check the latest football scores and was shocked to be charged something like 5euros! That aside how do you find the Nokia E71 am thinking of up grading to it and also get the 250mb data add on.

If you had used the Data APN on Meteor you'd have been charged 1/4 of what you were charged. Not ideal, I agree, but still less all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

Hard way to learn OP but when you sign up they should have given you a sheet with the messages to text to find out how many minutes, texts,data balance you've used.(I got one when i signed up to billpay last week)

At the bottom of the page it says that if you use data and don't have the addon it will cost 2c/kb or approx €4/page.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

DonFred wrote: »

Its a great phone, just make sure you dont connect to Meteors WAP service or it will hit you hard in the pocket, what a rip off

Advertisement