Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are unshaven/unwaxed arms on women an indication of what it's like "down there"

• 13-10-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Well we all know that hairy armpits are a definite giveaway, but it seems almost every girl shaves her armpits or else those that don't rarely have their armpits on display.

But.... there seems to be a larger proportion of women who shave/wax their armpits but not their arms. I don't mean properly hairy like a mans (when women have this it's disgusting), but the type of inoffensive hair covering that you'd only notice if you were looking out for it. This proportion of women seems to be about what i'd imagine is the proportion of women with muffs.

Is there some sort of relationship between the two?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

i don't know any woman who shaves her arms,it would be retarded!it'd come back all stubbly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If she had hairy arms I wouldn't be hanging around to find out tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Are unshaven arms on women an indication of what it's like "down there" ?

Do Australian women shave their actual arms? Their wrists and elbows and things like that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Shaving your arms... are you nuts???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I dont think i've met anyone hairy enough to have to wax/shave her arms?:confused:

I'm fair so i dont need to worry about hair but my friends that are very dark wouldnt be very hairy. You sure you didnt see this at the circus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

I know a girl that shaves her whole body

she gets her fella to shave her back:eek:

I'm sure thats a major turn on.

Shaving your arms = cold arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Kiera wrote: »
    I dont think i've met anyone hairy enough to have to wax/shave her arms?:confused:

I'm fair so i dont need to worry about hair but my friends that are very dark wouldnt be very hairy. You sure you didnt see this at the circus?

Please answer the OP's question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Manicure and F*nicure. Recession proof

TheZohan wrote: »
    Please answer the OP's question.
    Please make me.

I've never met an overly hairy woman so dont know if she's overly hairy down there :o

Better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

No. I plait my armpit hair, but have my fanny hair in dreads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Hairy armpits are the biggest turnoff man has ever known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

If they dont look after it above the waist they dont look after it below.

WindSock wrote: »
    I <3 windy :D

I've never met an overly hairy woman so dont know if she's overly hairy down there :o

Better?

Slightly, but could be better. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

i don't know any woman who shaves her arms,it would be retarded!it'd come back all stubbly!

If they shave their legs why not their arms?

I guess hair removal cream would be the most common route nowadays. You couldn't be telling me that almost all girls with hairy arms are happy to just roll with it, are you?
    Especially considering the fuss they go to over the rest of their body?
    Maybe they just keep it secret or something.

I find it very hard to believe that the proportion of women with naturally hairy arms is as low as the proportion of women you see with hairy arms.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Slightly, but could be better. ;)
    Ok i've seen my friends muff's and they're not overly hairy. So yes the hairy armed lady must have the biggest bush EVER!

I win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

dreadful :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

if a girl has hairy pits i would imagine their bush to be of epic proportions.

my sister shaves her toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

if a girl has hairy pits i would imagine their bush to be of epic proportions.

my sister shaves her toes.

its true

Ok i've seen my friends muff's and they're not overly hairy. So yes the hairy armed lady must have the biggest bush EVER!

I win?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Hairy pits doesn't necessarily mean ungroomed fanny. A hairy fanny is more hassle than hairy pits. Shaving your pits is mostly a social thing. Waxing your muff is more personal. Unless in a bikini.

Hairy pits doesn't necessarily mean ungroomed fanny. A hairy fanny is more hassle than hairy pits. Shaving your pits is mostly a social thing. Waxing your muff is more personal. Unless in a bikini.

surely if you cant be arsed shaving your pits for public you're not going to be bothered to groom your well hidden bertie beaver?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ok i've seen my friends muff's

Oh lawdy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I know a few girls that started doing this in secondary school, they ended up with gorilla hairy stubbly arms...its bizarre.
    Shaving your legs is not the same as shaving your arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Well we all know that hairy armpits are a definite giveaway, but it seems almost every girl shaves her armpits or else those that don't rarely have their armpits on display.

But.... there seems to be a larger proportion of women who shave/wax their armpits but not their arms. I don't mean properly hairy like a mans (when women have this it's disgusting), but the type of inoffensive hair covering that you'd only notice if you were looking out for it. This proportion of women seems to be about what i'd imagine is the proportion of women with muffs.

Is there some sort of relationship between the two?

You think most women shave their actual arms? Really?

Methinks the OP is a tad inexperienced with the wimmen folk ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I don't know any woman who shaves their arms, but most of them do keep their bush trim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

MizzLolly wrote: »
    You think most women shave their actual arms? Really?

Methinks the OP is a tad inexperienced with the wimmen folk ;)

Yea maybe some women wax them if they are really hairy but I don't think many do. I don't but all there is on them is baby fluff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Any key? wrote: »
    I know a girl that shaves her whole body

she gets her fella to shave her back:eek:
    What species?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

I shaved me arms before as an experiment. Theres nothin much there but, just got downy hair. But I must say it looked nice. .

I always shave me toes too. Nothing wrong with that. If a jobs worth doing its worth doing right!

Shave everything except your eyebrows, eyelashes and head. Why not?

• Advertisement

because legs aren't onshow every single day!!
    for instance, i don't shave my legs every day of the week,so as to keep the skin in decent condition and prevent ingrown hairs. so, there's a bit of stubble (not much,but noticeable) when I go to do it.

Now this is fine for my legs, as I wear trousers most days anyway.

But imagine those in between days for the arms??ew.

I find it very hard to believe that the proportion of women with naturally hairy arms is as low as the proportion of women you see with hairy arms.

how hairy is hairy??i'd love to know. there's very few women who would have such hairy arms that they'd do something about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

What species?

Cavan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

betafrog wrote: »
    Maybe even their bums!

seconded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I shaved my legs with an eplater before.

But imagine those in between days for the arms??ew.

I just said shaving because it was the first thing to enter my mind. What about hair removal cream or waxing?

They wouldn't give the same stubble problems would they?

Surely for a good proportion of women, even if they had just a few dark hairs they'd want to do something about it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Surely for a good proportion of women, even had just a few dark hairs they'd want to do something about it.
    Why?

• Advertisement

I tore every hair in my leg out with an eplater before.

fyp

i am fond of the old epilator on my lady garden i must admit, but it just doesn't do a good enough job of the legs i find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Hairy armpits are the biggest turnoff man has ever known.

Negative. Meat & two veg.

But back OT. My missus runs the razor over her arms when in the shower - I have no idea why, they're not hairy (yes, even before the ritual in the shower). She's a freak when it comes to shaving. She only leaves her eyebrows & head away from the razor (but regularly gets the 'brows waxed).

Not necessarily a bad thing though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Ok i've seen my friends muff's and they're not overly hairy.

FFS, you promised you'd never tell :o

surely if you cant be arsed shaving your pits for public you're not going to be bothered to groom your well hidden bertie beaver?!

Like I said. A hairy fanny has more personal consequences than hairy armpits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

I've only ever known of two types of women with hairy arms
    1. Anorexic women - their bodies grow hair all over, in fact, to try and keep the heat in, seeing as not enough fuel is being consumed.
    2. Middle Eastern/Southern Mediterranean women. And a lot of the women of such extraction that I personally know remove that hair by waxing or threading.

It's weird really, women from those parts of the world, where it is far hotter than here should surely have less hair. People from the cold parts of Western and Northern Europe would surely have a better evolutionary reason to be hairy, yet we're not. Odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

Arm hair isn't as offensive to look at as armpit hair or leg hair. But hair "down there" can look very ugly if it's not kept tidy. I seriously doubt that there's any correlation between unshaved arms and hairy muffs.

I just don't get why anyone would want to remove the hair on their arms unless there was a crazy excessive amount of it. Like, fair enough for grooming the aul lady garden, as that affects the OH, but i have no issues with the lil but of blondie hair on my arms....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

some girls have their arms waxed. Its more common in dark haired girls cos their hair growth is stronger and darker. A fair girl could have just as much hair on their arms as the dark haired girls but its more noticeable. Its more common than you'd think. Waxing would be far better than shaving cos you wouldn't get that stubble and it lasts longer.

source: I worked in a beauty salon!

But when a girl waxes her arms you can be certain they wax everywhere else too! Unfortunately I don' think you have the same cert when it comes to NOT waxing your arms!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I guess hair removal cream would be the most common route nowadays. You couldn't be telling me that almost all girls with hairy arms are happy to just roll with it, are you?
    Especially considering the fuss they go to over the rest of their body?
    Maybe they just keep it secret or something.

You should conduct an experiment:

1) Find a real lady
    2) Develop a relationship with her
    3) Get to a comfortable stage
    4) Ask her to shave her arms as you think that if she doesn't, they'll end up as hairy as her bush
    5) Run away very quickly while you still can.

Seriously, never had a girlfriend to ask, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

fyp

i am fond of the old epilator on my lady garden i must admit, but it just doesn't do a good enough job of the legs i find.

tbh it didnt really hurt im a dude to i was just really board so I shaved my leg :confused:

• Jesus Christ, it's not enough that I shave my legs, armpits, down there and pluck my eyebrows every few days? I now have to worry about shaving my arms as well? Yeah, I have dark hair and you can see it but I thought this was the one thing I didn't have to do. It's very fine now, if I shaved it would be all stubbly. Is that not 100 times worse than fine hair?

[quote=[Deleted User];62521451]Jesus Christ, it's not enough that I shave my legs, armpits, down there and pluck my eyebrows every few days? I now have to worry about shaving my arms as well? Yeah, I have dark hair and you can see it but I thought this was the one thing I didn't have to do. It's very fine now, if I shaved it would be all stubbly. Is that not 100 times worse than fine hair?[/QUOTE]

ffs i said waxing too. Waxing does not give you stubble.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Never before has a thread delivered so many decent vag sobriquets...

/subscribes

I like Lady Garden best so far.

Has anybody used Mossy Grotto yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

[quote=[Deleted User];62521451]Jesus Christ, it's not enough that I shave my legs, armpits, down there and pluck my eyebrows every few days? I now have to worry about shaving my arms as well? Yeah, I have dark hair and you can see it but I thought this was the one thing I didn't have to do. It's very fine now, if I shaved it would be all stubbly. Is that not 100 times worse than fine hair?[/quote]

You do know that, from now on, EVERYONE will be staring at your hairy arms. In fact, its the only thing they will notice about you.

:p:p

**runs & hides**

[quote=[Deleted User];62521451]Jesus Christ, it's not enough that I shave my legs, armpits, down there and pluck my eyebrows every few days? I now have to worry about shaving my arms as well? Yeah, I have dark hair and you can see it but I thought this was the one thing I didn't have to do. It's very fine now, if I shaved it would be all stubbly. Is that not 100 times worse than fine hair?[/quote]

You don't have to. In fact, you don't have to do any of that if you don't want to. If it's a turn off for a guy then it's his tough titties. He'll get over it soon enough when he realises women grow hair naturally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement