Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Networking Site for pets?

Options
  • 13-10-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

I saw this advertised on a Board type thing outside the rear entrance to st.Anne Park in Raheny.

Just seems a bit odd to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Saw what, is there supposed to be a link, how many dogs can use a computer. Don't think it will take off!!!

Also, where abouts in st anns park is teh dog park. I would be coming in the main avenue from sybil hill road?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

ah i cant remember the exact name of the site, i'll be down there tomorrow ill get it then.

ive only seen it once and if im right there is a sign outside saying that certain types of dogs arent allowed.

Since my fella is a German Sheperd he's afaik not allowed in, this was a few months back so i cant remember the location. Your Better off just walking around the park, mostly the area where the kids playground is. The big Green beside it is always full of people with Dogs.

thanks, I'll have a walk around that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

Was it petchums.ie? As for your GSD not being allowed in the dog park,I know in Marlay Park none of the restricted breeds are allowed in. But it might be worth chancing your arm?

Was it petchums.ie? As for your GSD not being allowed in the dog park,I know in Marlay Park none of the restricted breeds are allowed in. But it might be worth chancing your arm?

nah i couldnt be arsed goin over St. Anne's Park is fine for him, i've been going there for months now and over the road to bull island, i dont have him on the lead or muzzled either. Nothing has been said once.

He's a very calm dog and gets on well with others so its been fine, so far.

• Advertisement

Same,our brat is half GSD,but we hate to muzzle him. I won't take this thread of topic ranting about the BSL nonsense tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Be careful posting on here where you walk your 'restricted breeds' without muzzle etc. People have done it in the past, and subsequently had visits from the dog warden! Some people obviously have nothing better to do with their time .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

ISDW wrote: »
    Be careful posting on here where you walk your 'restricted breeds' without muzzle etc. People have done it in the past, and subsequently had visits from the dog warden! Some people obviously have nothing better to do with their time .......

Unless people are also posting their names and addresses, then I find this hard to believe.

I dunno Magenta,small world and all that. Just went thru some of my previous posts and although it would be difficult to do,someone with a reason could figure out where I've been,or even where I'm going. Perhaps overly cautious but if you've had a run in with say a pound, the warden or powers that be may make a special effort for you. I'm just gonna go reshape my tinfoil hat now.

ISDW wrote: »

Impossible. Boards don't have those details, and even if they did they wouldn't be able to pass them to the dog warden, to the Gardai yes, but the dog warden. Do you tghink there is a dog warden roaming these pages waiting for a slip up. Laughable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Its not people from boards going after these people, its people online here reading up and ratting on them, then the warden goes to these locations where dogs are un muzzled etc and they are being targeted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Obviously I could be totally wrong, but there have been previous threads on here where this has apparently happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

And this has veered rather off topic

OP - is this 'social networking site' some internet site I assume?
    I got confused with you saying that as the title but talking about StAnnes park?
    Or is it about people meeting in StAnnes park?

no its an internet site i'll post the link for it tomorrow if the sign is stil there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

andreac wrote: »
    Its not people from boards going after these people, its people online here reading up and ratting on them, then the warden goes to these locations where dogs are un muzzled etc and they are being targeted.

It's a dog warden's jobs to visit parks where people walk dogs to ensure that all is well. Dog wardens did not just suddenly start visiting parks just because of Boards. Unless the warden is actually telling people that he was told by someone who saw posts on Boards then I would consider it all to be hearsay and people pointing fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Magenta wrote: »
    It's a dog warden's jobs to visit parks where people walk dogs to ensure that all is well. Dog wardens did not just suddenly start visiting parks just because of Boards. Unless the warden is actually telling people that he was told by someone who saw posts on Boards then I would consider it all to be hearsay and people pointing fingers.

Dog wardens only visit Parks because someone who goes there rings them. I've seen it in action - someone from a group who wanted to play football in an open space where dogs were off the lead called the wardens and they came down. They told us to put their dogs on leads, we ignored them, they got into their van and departed.

Karma bites, however. There is now a person bringing an unmuzzled and unleashed pitbull to the open space and we are now on the receiving end. We call the warden, pit bull owner muzzles dog and puts him on lead til warden departs and then unmuzzles and unleashes him :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ok obviously I wasn't clear last time - enough OFF TOPIC posts, any more and I start banning.

Thanks Techno for clearing that up :)

Advertisement