Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So theres something seriously WRONG with my phone...

• 13-10-2009 3:45pm

I have a Sony Ericsson W595 (in blue if you must know!!) and I bought it in January.
    So my problemo is this:
    The screen isn't working. The phone itself is fine; I can make and receive calls and text and do everything I should but I can't see what I'm doing. It's all guesswork.
    But, heres the strange part, the screen is infact not broken... When you press the keys or flip the phone open you can actually see the phone light up. Is this just the little light bulbs in the phone or is part of the screen still working?
    What can I do? Is my phone in need of serious repair or can I do something to fix it myself???

This may just be coincidence but I may have dropped my phone yesterday...:D But it was working absolutely fine, it didnt show any signs of damage.

Please SOMEONE, help...:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can get it repaired, send it, or bring it to fonemendars, or mprc in sandyford or fonefix in finglas. They may replace the screen for free once they believe its not because of your damage dropping it. Faults are covered when you drop the phone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Davy wrote: »
    You can get it repaired, send it, or bring it to fonemendars, or mprc in sandyford or fonefix in finglas. They may replace the screen for free once they believe its not because of your damage dropping it. Faults are covered when you drop the phone

NOT covered, surely?

And for Christ's sake don't bring it to Fonemenders or MPRC.

whats wrong with fonemenders and mprc???
    i want to get my phone fixed as fast as poossible, it feels like having an appendage removed at this stage.... wheres the best place to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I got the screen replaced on my SE K800 about 2yrs ago in one of the shops down around Moore St. There are a few in that underground "shopping centre" on the junction of Moore st/ Parnell st. You will have to pay for the screen there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

whiterebel wrote: »
    NOT covered, surely?

Ye, typing mistake :o. Any faults caused by user damaged is not covered ofcourse.

Most phones go to mprc or fonemendars. To find others you can check here: Link

• Advertisement
Advertisement