Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage plus-Are they any use??

Options
  • 13-10-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

I am planning on going for a mortgage, as sick of renting now. Was just getting the various numbers of the banks today and came across some place called mortgage plus, has anybody had any dealings with them, are they any use, or would it be better just to go to the various lending institutions, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

If I were you I would just use mortgages.ie to get all the information you can (via their calculators) and then approach AIB and BOI as they are the cheapest right now. Make sure you have at least 10% deposit, a property in mind and all you documents in order P60's, wage slips for the last 6 months, a letter from your employers, current account statements etc. You really want to understand the largest purchase you will ever make initimately and not hand over responsibility to someone who may or may not have your best interests at heart. When you delve into it there is very little to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭who what when

Hey kmick you seem to know what youre talking about.
    What kind of letter is necessary from employer? If it was a joint mortgage would this still be necessary? Also bank statments going back how far?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Brigadear, I would STAY AWAY from mortgage plus or any other broker for that matter. I got a mortgage from them a couple of months ago and I really got the impression that they were not trying to get me the best deal. I presume its the same for all brokers- they say they work with ten banks but they'll only apply to the one that will give them the most commission. If I was to do it again I would apply to AIB, EBS, BOI in that order. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Ok folks, thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Hey kmick you seem to know what youre talking about.
    What kind of letter is necessary from employer? If it was a joint mortgage would this still be necessary? Also bank statments going back how far?

Hi WhohatWhere,

it sounds like you haven't done the basics yet. Go in to the EBS or any bank and ask for their mortgage pack. Basically it's a folder with all the information you need. You'll need to collect P60s, info from employer, bank statements and lots of other financial info. Every bank will require the same info. Get all the info together then go to each bank, let them take photcopies of your documents, and see how much they will be willing to lend you. You might hav eto wait a few days for them to come back to you. Seriously, if you can, don't go through a broker - you might get a better deal on your own (I did). It's a pain, but there isn't a huge number of banks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 WarrenB

brigadear wrote: »
    I am planning on going for a mortgage, as sick of renting now. Was just getting the various numbers of the banks today and came across some place called mortgage plus, has anybody had any dealings with them, are they any use, or would it be better just to go to the various lending institutions, thanks.

I am currently using mortgageplus and find them very helpful. Always available for questions and very fast. In addition they gave me good advice along the way about negotiating asking prices, what to look for in the surveys etc .. PM me if you need more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 marigo

Hi
    we need some advice.has anybody an experience with Mortgage Line company? is there better to apply for loan to the bank or seek broker's help? Boi started to make some troubles even with mortgage as low as 100.000,and my big savings...
    maybe somebody has biger experience then me? what's about loans for affordable houses?
    thanks

Advertisement