Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers this week (14th/15th Oct)?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Thurs 15th Oct
    ouch. I think by 3pm I'd have given up on the day entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

deRanged wrote: »
    ouch. I think by 3pm I'd have given up on the day entirely.
    Unfort I had to go in as something was due. Got there in the end at 6PM. So grand after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Thurs 15th Oct
    Great night all! Sorry I disappeared in the end... chances for catch-ups like that don't oe along very often!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I could not get up this morning. 3PM is when I arrived in. What ever as in those pints last night!

I was in the same way, I'm blaming the Whisky. Could have done with some burnt toast this morning. ;)

Nice to meet you all, thanks for organising it 440hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

what apertures are you trying? you know depths of field can be ludicrously small with macro shots.

Think it was 5.6 that I was trying with at 300mm and macro focus turned on, Canon EOS 500D with Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro lens, trying to do the auto-focus. First time I tested the lens out I was able to do the macro focus on a some orange peel while testing and it was extremely sharp and well magnified, but wasn't able to do that since... I suppose I will read some guides on the internet about focusing and macro and how to do manual focus (since I have only been doing auto focus using the view-finder so far) to understand things a bit better. I have been putting the rectangle in the viewfinder over the place that I want to focus on, and holding the auto-focus button until it turns green and beeps, and then I can take a photo. When I did this with the orange peel, with macro on, I zoomed into 10x and the auto-focus box turned green and it was perfectly sharp... but now when I try it with other stuff, it doesn't find focus, stays blurry, or the box goes orange. Probably doing it completely wrong, which is why the photowalk would be good to see how ye use your cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pics yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

oh dear GOD.........
    i actually dont even remember leaving the brog.... or much about it.... thats what i get for sitting in the corner drinking whiskey.... i was LANGERS....... bf was none too pleased that i slept out for a walk on beach next day and that I spent friday puking my RING up....

Great to meet ye all perhaps next time 440Hz can organise a boards Tea fest..... my liver wud appreciate....

*sorry for making SUCH a show of self to whoever put me in a cab!*:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

mudokon wrote: »
    I was in the same way, I'm blaming the Whisky. Could have done with some burnt toast this morning. ;)

Nice to meet you all, thanks for organising it 440hz.

I def could have done with burnt toast alright. Unfort, it wasn't the morning, more the evening! It was crazy, never so hungover.
    all_smilz wrote: »
    oh dear GOD.........
    i actually dont even remember leaving the brog.... or much about it.... thats what i get for sitting in the corner drinking whiskey.... i was LANGERS....... bf was none too pleased that i slept out for a walk on beach next day and that I spent friday puking my RING up....

Great to meet ye all perhaps next time 440Hz can organise a boards Tea fest..... my liver wud appreciate....

Ha, I can't remember much. Tea would be better option next time I think.

Nice meeting ye all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Thurs 15th Oct
    it sounds like 440Hz ruined producticity for a whole bunch of companies by decimating their workforces last week :)

@Illkillya f/5.6 is a very small depth of field when you're doing macro.
    you may need to change to f/22 or something like that. you'll also need lots and lots of light. are you using a tripod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

all_smilz wrote: »

ha ha, that wasnt any of us but maybe whoever it was is on here. :p We were on Grand Parade you were leaning up against the lamp-post then we turned round & you were off up the road.
    it sounds like 440Hz ruined producticity for a whole bunch of companies by decimating their workforces last week :)

Not me, I wasnt working Friday so I could suffer in peace:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

:oouch, i tend to take off like that without saying anything to anyone. I *think* i got in a cab unaided.
    Oh well...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I had a good time too - work was tough though .... :(
    Nice meeting new faces.

Advertisement