Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halloween costumes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Hahah that spider costume is class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Nice to see girls who think outside of the box .I went to a fancy dress a few weeks ago and it sex6y nurse ,sex5y construction worker sex6y policewoman ,sex7y bin collector ,u get it. Anyhow anybody know how to get a good zombie look ?. I'm a man and I dont know th e first thing about making up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

BumbleB wrote: »
    Nice to see girls who think outside of the box .I went to a fancy dress a few weeks ago and it sex6y nurse ,sex5y construction worker sex6y policewoman ,sex7y bin collector ,u get it. Anyhow anybody know how to get a good zombie look ?. I'm a man and I dont know th e first thing about making up.

These aren't bad instructions.

It's simple enough really. You can do a good zombie face with a face painting pack containing white, red, and black paint. Talcom powder can work well for the white face either, or if you use it to dust over the white facepaint it helps it to stick so it wont rub off as easy.

You can achieve a a basic zombie look with just a white face, black around the eyes, particularly underneath, to give the idea that theyre sunken, a hint of red mixed through helps to give the idea of blood, bruising, etc. Then (as explained on the 2nd page of that link) you just need to draw some jagged lines in different places along your face to indicate cuts/scars, etc.

These aren't bad instructions.

It's simple enough really. You can do a good zombie face with a face painting pack containing white, red, and black paint. Talcom powder can work well for the white face either, or if you use it to dust over the white facepaint it helps it to stick so it wont rub off as easy.

You can achieve a a basic zombie look with just a white face, black around the eyes, particularly underneath, to give the idea that theyre sunken, a hint of red mixed through helps to give the idea of blood, bruising, etc. Then (as explained on the 2nd page of that link) you just need to draw some jagged lines in different places along your face to indicate cuts/scars, etc.

Thanks there's a pic at the start of the thread and the girl zombie makeup is absolutely class . you see i have a pirate costume that torn to shreds and i want to ghost uop my own visage ,
    cheers !:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Anyone wanting to make scabs/wounds:
    • Get some cornflakes and crush them up.
    • With false eyelash glue (any cheapo ones) create a line where you want the wound and apply to the skin.
    • Leave the glue to go tacky and then press the crushed cornflakes on it.
    • Colour with red body paint/lipstick/blood.
    • There you have some nice scabs. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Does anyone know where I might get a super cheap corset type top? I want to make a dress but I can't make the top half of it myself so I want to just sew the right colour material to a bodice-type thing....

Any ideas? Couldn't find anything without straps in Penneys which is my usual halloween shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

My boyf is trying to put a Jack the Ripper costume together. Anyone know where in Dublin we would get a reasonably priced top hat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

ha, I meant as in fake blood... but sure whatever you have lying around the house like. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 chris11

;)Any ideas where I can get a letterman/varsity jacket?I live in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Change of plan... boyf now considering saw puppet... anyone seen these masks about? Seen it online but afraid it won't deliver on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

fonpokno wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I might get a super cheap corset type top? I want to make a dress but I can't make the top half of it myself so I want to just sew the right colour material to a bodice-type thing....

Any ideas? Couldn't find anything without straps in Penneys which is my usual halloween shop.

Theres a lace corset thing in the younger bit of Zara out the back of the store in henry st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Trinny_Wicklow

If you are getting costumes for your children remember a few things - ensure costumes are flame-resistant or fire-retardant, avoid long/baggy costumes to reduce the risk of flame catching the material and try and get a reflective/light coloured fabrics on costumes, this makes the child much more visible to passing motorists when out trick-or-treating.

Read this online the other day. More info here - http://bit.ly/2gUNZS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Only seen this thread. Posted on the main forum there a minute ago! I need a set of veneer vampire fangs. I don't want the crappy kids ones you get in joke shops. I'm looking for something along the lines of this http://www.mostlydead.co.uk/Vampire-Fangs,-Creature-teeth,-Claws/c7/p174/Vampire-Fangs-(White,Glow,Metallic)/product_info.html

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi all,
    Any1 kno where one can get edward scissor hands and wig?
    Based in carlow, can travel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I also need to get a Jack Sparrow-esque beard aswell if anyone knows anywhere to get one?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

rebecca9 wrote: »
    hi ppl, i really wana be an army girl for halloween but can't find these anywhere, (and i'm going crazy trying to find camouflage dresses and/or skirts!) and ideas? thx

Hey think I'm doing the army look to, I'm thinking of wearing khaki green shorts, a white tank top, I have a silver dog tag and I'm going to look around for some camouflage material to tie around my head and put some pain stripes on my face.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

hi ppl, i really wana be an army girl for halloween but can't find these anywhere, (and i'm going crazy trying to find camouflage dresses and/or skirts!) and ideas? thx

Woodies DIY do halloween costumes.
    I saw a female army costume there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hey.
    Looking for a plain orange t shirt and orange converse , I'm hoping orange t shirt wont be a prob, do pennys in town have any? And am looking for some converse shoes preferably orange and cheap, got a pair for three euro a few years ago.
    Any help is much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Hi guys heads wrecked been looking for a camp army gun like ak47 a smaller handgun and some fake small knifes for a Rambo look. I've tried euro shop n smyths any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi guys heads wrecked been looking for a camp army gun like ak47 a smaller handgun and some fake small knifes for a Rambo look. I've tried euro shop n smyths any suggestions?

Hallmark? I know Hallmark in Cork have the entire upstairs dedicated to Halloween costumes.

foundry wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Any1 kno where one can get edward scissor hands and wig?
    Based in carlow, can travel!

Try this place in Waterford found it online. www.mypartyworld.ie

They do 24 hour delivery if you order before 1pm. Cheaper than some places I've seen with some things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭pw01

i've never really dress up 4 halloween b4 so thinking of doing it simple and dressing up as a witch??
    was goin to get a black dress in penneys and cut it up , wear fish net tights and black boots, get a hat in the pound shop and sum fake nails - Would i be able to pull it off or would i need to buy a proper costume!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I have to admit that I hate and loath 'proper' costumes. The fun of Halloween dressing up is the inventive and creative way people dress. Turning up to an event and seeing 20 people all dressed in a shop bought vampire outfit (or whatever) is so depressing. When someone walks in the door with something original they light up the room.
    Make yer own. Hack up that dress and don the fishnets.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Atreyu

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a bald "wig" on the Northside to save myself heading back into the city centre - wanna go as Uncle Fester

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Swimming cap and flesh coloured paint/makeup for a bald wig.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Atreyu

Cheers I'll give it a crack

Top hats in "the fun place" beside stephens green. Its a joke shop. Theyre 14.99

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭c7

Anyone know where to get a bowtie and braces cheap in Dublin city centre?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shallow^B

Hi, my friend s dressing up as the cheshire cat and searhing for cat-like contact lenses..
    anyone know where to find those in dublin?? don't think thers enough time to order them online ..
    Also if anyone has any suggestion on what to wear for the top part to the cheshire-look feel free to share !?

Thanks

mandz wrote: »
    Change of plan... boyf now considering saw puppet... anyone seen these masks about? Seen it online but afraid it won't deliver on time.

these people deliver in 24 hrs

http://www.mypartyworld.ie/store/product/2830/Saw-Puppet-Mask/

I got mine off them today.

You could try H n M or topman for the braces. joke shops to bow ties

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rebecca9

coolguy wrote: »
    Woodies DIY do halloween costumes.
    I saw a female army costume there
    BDR wrote: »
    Hey think I'm doing the army look to, I'm thinking of wearing khaki green shorts, a white tank top, I have a silver dog tag and I'm going to look around for some camouflage material to tie around my head and put some pain stripes on my face.

Hope this helps

thanx for those replies, i actually just found a dress and bullet belt in Expert Hardware shop in crumlin, some nice costumes in there! i'm happy now yay, sometimes i think halloween is more stressful than xmas sometimes :P

thanx for those replies, i actually just found a dress and bullet belt in Expert Hardware shop in crumlin, some nice costumes in there! i'm happy now yay, sometimes i think halloween is more stressful than xmas sometimes :P

aarrrgh dont talk about christmas 7 weeks away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shallow^B wrote: »
    Hi, my friend s dressing up as the cheshire cat and searhing for cat-like contact lenses..
    anyone know where to find those in dublin?? don't think thers enough time to order them online ..
    Also if anyone has any suggestion on what to wear for the top part to the cheshire-look feel free to share !?

Thanks
    Try the top floor of Stephens Green SC, I got mine online.
    these people deliver in 24 hrs

http://www.mypartyworld.ie/store/product/2830/Saw-Puppet-Mask/

I got mine off them today.

Thanks, actually found this site yesterday and ordered it!! You have to order before 1.00pm for the 24hour delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 rebecca9

aarrrgh dont talk about christmas 7 weeks away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops sorry ha, i was only thinkin of it coz i was in penneys and came across mrs clause dresses.
    i actually hate chrismtas talk until usually around the 20th december!!

nice to see people getting sorted for halloween thanks to the other boards members:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I'm dressing up as the Gene Simmons aka The Demon from KISS. :D I've got wet look leggings, big studded New Rock knee boots, and a black fishnet top. Oh, and my Guitar Hero guitar!

I need a black corset, a long black leather studded arm cuff, some chains, studded belt, black wig and face paint. I'm super excited! My friend is gonna dress up as The Star Child! Hahah. Should be awesome.

We did this last week, great craic - I was the Starchild, we got 1st place at our Halloween party, beating off competition from JD Quench from the Sprite ads, and a Barbie in a box!

7116_1111092712630_1686259264_268298_7620607_n.jpg
    6827_1237165283562_1062129947_30755950_4087693_n.jpg

No idea what to go as Saturday night (dont even know for sure if I'll be going out) I still have the Kiss stuff but not enough fellow band members this time around. Maybe something a bit simpler like Mario and Luigi with mate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Right folks looking to go as Old Gregg from the Mighty Boosh,heres a pic of him in the show

http://wherethewildthingsare14.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/old-gregg.jpg

and a good replica

http://www.amykcostume.co.uk/images/misc/gregg_big.jpg

Basically I have Black Shirt,White tie,flashlight for the mangina! so far,gonna wear white socks instead of white boots so need help with the rest if ye can!
    The remaining components are a sorta silver sparkly jacket,a pink tutu,green leggings and maybe a greenish wig(probably just make something out of crepe paper if I have to).

Anyone gone as Old Gregg before or have any tips!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Does anyone know where to get a cheap red tie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

I need doctors scrubs - dundalk area, any ideas please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Hi all

need some help on how to do beetlejuice's hair/wig

i have the outfit and makeup etc but dont have the hair. any one any idea how to do it or where to get it from. Got a long whit wig but it looked rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

does anyone know where i can buy xl mens pj's that are vertical blue and white stripes.????

i live in dublin and have checked everywhere, guineys, penneys, boyers, arnots, m and s, clearys and debbenams

pls help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Fringe wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to get a cheap red tie?
    Penneys would be my first stop for one:)
    does anyone know where i can buy xl mens pj's that are vertical blue and white stripes.????

i live in dublin and have checked everywhere, guineys, penneys, boyers, arnots, m and s, clearys and debbenams

pls help!
    I know there is a place on Thomas St. that sells stuff for plus sizes, maybe you'll get them in there? It's across the road from Lidl.

AdrianII wrote: »
    Hi all

need some help on how to do beetlejuice's hair/wig

i have the outfit and makeup etc but dont have the hair. any one any idea how to do it or where to get it from. Got a long whit wig but it looked rubbish

Cut the wig, back comb and hairspray the sh*t outta it!!
    The madder the better

Atreyu wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get my hands on a bald "wig" on the Northside to save myself heading back into the city centre - wanna go as Uncle Fester

www.mypartyworld.ie based in waterford (delivers in 24hrs) hv bald wigs for a fiver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hi all,

Ok I know what I'm going as but I need help on the finer details. I'm going as a Killer Bee, which basically involves dressing up as a bee and then accessorising with a gun, fingerless gloves, possibly a holster, but what else would you guys suggest to add to the Killer part??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Myself and a friend have just decided to go out!! Any ideas on what to dress up as and being as cheap as possible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Hi,decided to go as a sailor girl, my boyf has ordered me this hat

http://www.mypartyworld.ie/store/product/1818/Sailor-Doughboy-Hat/

does it look like a boys one??

is this one better?

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/accessories/captains-hat.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭streings

hello hello,

Any ideas on where i could get something along the lines of this: http://kris.kribit.com/sevensins/envy.jpg ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement