Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonslayers Ranking Battle 3.1 - 20/10/09

• 13-10-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Welcome to the 3rd season of Ranking Battles at Dragonslayers. This season will cover Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion over six sessions each from October to May. The double elimination stage of the tournament is now best of three. Meaning that you now must win two matches to progress as opposed to just one. To be more beginner friendly, button binding is acceptable. There is also an entry fee this season, from that all proceeds will be donated to charity. The exact amount will be charted after each session with the results. So that members can keep upto date with how much they have raised. Apart from these changes it is business as always. Look forward to seeing you all next Tuesday!

Date: Tuesday 20/10/09

QUBSU.jpg

Times:
    • Casuals run from 1800
    • Street Fighter IV (360); from 1830

Entry Fee:
    • £1, all proceedings will be donated to Childs Play at the end of the year.

Tournament Format: Group qualifiers into an 8 man double elimination best of 3.

- Button binding is acceptable.
    - Participants are advised to bring a controller of choice.

Thanks to Sabre001 over at eSport.ie for giving us <this shout out>.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im well up for this, But need 7 more men!! Dang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Excellent! At least this time I find out in advance rather than catching the tail end :) As usual, expect a post on eSports.ie

Is the site going to be keeping up with Season 3?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Thanks guys.

@Sabre; chap hopefully the new webmaster is able to fix what ever is wrong so that my section of the this can be updated. Will be updating in all the usual places anyway. Thanks very much for the mention on your site. Will be editing all the original posts to include it!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Is there any chance this could be moved to a Saturday? As the start time is in the evening, it would be a bit difficult for those of us traveling down.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

@Lep: chap these will alternate between Tuesday and Saturday depending on what is feasible for the club on a given month. Obviously Saturday would suit any visitors much better. But the main day for attendance of the club is Tuesday. With freshers just over this is a good chance to find some new SFIV blood for us.

You guys definitely won't be forgotten in the planning. But I've got to consider whats good for the club too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I can't see myself coming to these but i will come to the next big event you hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i can only go if theres SF3 involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Good luck with the event.
    Placebo wrote: »
    i can only go if theres SF3 involved

Is this a macro you have for posting on this forum? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Thanks for letting us know Mr_Kyle,I'll definately be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I might be able to go. Bring jobless has some perks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tuesday is a terrible day for me unfortunately :/ I'm usually in college until 10 pm lately and I've also got guitar lessons on a tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Tsukiko has made up a couple of unofficial posters for the event:

http://www.dragonslayers.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11596#p11596

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Tsukiko_chan

hehehe, the only way they can see those yreval is if they join the forum. ill post here too :3 these are for fun tho

ranbatposter.jpg

ranbatposter2.jpg

ranbatposter3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

hehehe, the only way they can see those yreval is if they join the forum. ill post here too :3 these are for fun tho

Hmm, I was reasonably sure I was logged out of the forum when I posted that... still, here's an effort of my own:

807531.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Would anyone like to get the train upwith me? :) or go in a group?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The Boxers poster and the bison poster are deadly.

I can't decide. Do the trains run all the way up or is that bridge still broken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You lads planning on staying overnight if you get the train?

I'm trying to check the trains at the mo but the websites not loading for me.

I would assume that we would have to stay overnight as I don't think the trains would run late enough.

There is a hostel nearby that is £9 a night which isn't bad. Could be a good laugh.

Just checked the train site.
    We would have to stay overnight.
    It's 36 quid for the reurn train tickets. (Student tickets are 40? Go figure)

I got 36 quid, but no CC.

• Advertisement

Bah, can't go after all. Bit bummed bout that :/

I'm not going to go. It's just too expensive for what it is. Next time saturday event, I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

sounds like fun.. and its for charity.
    if my mate is up for it well drive up

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Ah crap! Totally forgot about this. Any chance I could join if I'm a bit late?

Edit: Damn, buses are too late. Next time then.

GL; hf - photos & results please ;)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

QUB Dragonslayers Ranbat 3.1 Results

1st - Simon Lau (Blanka)
    2nd - Blag (M. Bison)
    3rd - Newtype (Ryu)
    4th - V-DecK (Rufus)
    5th - Roogle (Balrog/Abel)
    6th - Yreval (Sakura)
    7th - Paul Kelly (Balrog)
    8th - mr_kyle (Zangief)

Groups can be found here.

No photos (that I'm aware of), unfortunately. You weren't missing much though, it was just 2 setups, a lot of games and a lot of laughs. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Fair play to blag, i can see him getting first. I have no idea how to read that table, lol.

Nice table. Managed to crack the code :D Any playoff brackets. Will do up a post tomorrow. Have to catch my 40 winks; work nice and early tomorrow....err today!

🤪

Sounds good. Wish I'd gone up. Ah well, go up for the next saturday one.

I don't see the issue with the table :confused: Makes sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Nice table. Managed to crack the code :D Any playoff brackets. Will do up a post tomorrow. Have to catch my 40 winks; work nice and early tomorrow....err today!
    Only playoffs were in group A; mr_kyle played both his games first and won and the others decided not to play their game against each other.

In terms of reading the group table, read the name from the left hand column. Whoever's name is in the box against the corresponding opponent from the top row (or vice versa, depending on how you like to read it) was the winner between their match.

e: In case that last paragraph didn't make sense, here's a hint: The reason there's blacked out boxes in the group is because you can't play against yourself. :P

Advertisement