Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest legal ways to get car scrapped - south dublin

• 13-10-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Looking for the cheapest way to get 2 old cars scrapped - legally - so if anyone knows of any garages / breakers yards that come and collect them. cheers, mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Leave it overnight in Tallaght.:eek:

Ahm it would be rare for dealers to collect it unless its worth their while. YOu'd probably get a tow for 60-70.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

tommy21 wrote: »
    Leave it overnight in Tallaght.:eek:

Ahm it would be rare for dealers to collect it unless its worth their while. YOu'd probably get a tow for 60-70.

Wish it was that easy LOL. Unfortunalty it doesn't start.

I'm getting quotes of 100 to come and collect it, so just wondering if there are any companies that do it any cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

There's always lads in the buy and sell willing to collect them.

The local authorities I think collect them too.

I think a respectable breakers yard will take them back for free, under the end of life program.

Summerhill spares in Coolock, ring them asking about breakers in the southside area !

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Just a suggestion but why not say what cars they are and put them on adverts for free to collect.
    There might be someone who wants them for spares???

Can do no harm.

Advertisement