Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Japan Spending money

• 13-10-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hey guys, I plan on going traveling Japan for 3 weeks in the next few months just wondering does any1 know how much spending money is needed? including accomodation and travel! Thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Some more details would be appreciated.. Where you want to go, is it just you, etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 marley007

Its myself and my OH, we'd like to see as much of the country as possible, getting a rail pass seems like the best bet for travel and accomodation will prob be nothing expensive just comfortable and clean. I dont drink very much and my OH doesnt drink at all so that will make it a bit cheaper! Thanks for your hep!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The JR Rail pass is like 100 Euro and only cost effective if you plan on doing a lot of travel. Japan is as expensive if not more so then Ireland. I take it you're flying into Tokyo? I budgeted about 700 euro food and travel for two weeks. Accommodation came to 570 euro for 12 nights, but was booked well in advanced. In Tokyo double is smaller then an irish single, so be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 marley007

ya flight is into tokyo! what is accomodation lik and did you get much traveling done in 2 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Accommodation is small. Nice and well planned out, but small. Don't go to tokyo expecting big rooms. I got loads of travel done, but you could easily spend 3 weeks exploring tokyo alone. Plan out as much as possible in advanced. Check out what festivals and the like are on. Don't bother with mount Fugi. You can only go to stage 5 this time of year which is kinda pointless. Check out this site. I found their service great, all English speaking, they pick you up from the nearest hotel and drop you off at Tokyo station. You pay a premium for the service though and after two or so tours I got sick of the regimented tour style. Still its a good site for getting ideas for what's good to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement