Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to eat in Dun Laoighaire

Options
  • 13-10-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi folks ,

I'm currently doing a course in Dun Laoghaire two nights a week , and have usually half an hour to kill to grab some food before the course. I so far havent had a chance to really have a look around , the only places I have seen are the likes of Burger King , Subway etc.. and I would prefer to stay away from these at all costs. Is there any cafe or smallish restaurant open until 7-8 that serves nice sandwiches , paninis ( non-chipper/ takeaway food?? ) , preferably near enough the Dart st??

AB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pilatesgirl

Bits & pizzas - pasta, pizza, salads. go past the church on marine road and straight up the following road to find it on the right. Chicken wings are great too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Bits & pizzas - pasta, pizza, salads. go past the church on marine road and straight up the following road to find it on the right. Chicken wings are great too!

Thanks a mill Pilatesgirl will check it out tonight. Hopefully its decent and I wont have to live on Big Macs for the next few months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

I know its another burger joint but it is so nice. Try Real Gourmet Burger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Real Gourmet is great. I think Mao (next door) have early bird deals too.

Also Mc Kenna's pub on Wellington st will do you a toasted sandwich. :) Scotts pub on Georges street do a nice carvery.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Maos is fantastic.

There "ista" - bagels, though not sure how late open.

I'm sure some of the pubs around do sandwichs and the like.

can't think of anywhere else that'll stay open that late tbh

• Advertisement

Bits and Pizzas and Mao are very expensive for grabbing something between work and college. There really isn't anywhere in Dun Laoghaire that stays open that late for just a coffee and a sambo. GTI is gone.

There is the harbor bar and grill on Marine road, just opened, they have some meals for 9.95 but not much and I can't recommend it as I haven't been there!

Itsa closes at 4 I think. Gourmet Burger bar is nice and they open late. There is a new place there called Olivetto/Olivetti too not sure if they have early birds.

Milano is around the corner facing the dart station, but again, not a place for cheap eats unless there's two of you with a voucher!!

Your best best will probably be a pub, weirs which is up on the main street near M&S is nice (if you're in Dun Laoghaire senior college, go up sussex st and turn right, it's a couple of doors down).

When you do feel like chipper food, the miami is nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Amerta Chinese restaurant Clifton Terrace Monkstown (opposite church). €10 all you can eat served to you at your table. Good food, nice restaurant, great value. Short walk from dart station in Monkstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

La Strada are doing an early bird meal, pizza and drink for 10 euro, I think! Fantastic place, its down the end of the town towards town, opposite the FAS and social welfare offices.

And the staff are great, the owner especially, some character!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think Marks and Spencer is open until 8pm every weekday. Personally I would grab a sandwich or wrap in there. They do much nicer stuff than you would get in a chipper and a lot cheaper than a pub or restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Poppies is open until 7pm and they do dinner portions from around a fiver i think. But unfortunately it is up nearer the people's park end of george's street rather than the DART station end (you could get off the dart at sandycove station instead though which would be nearer!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Weirs On the mainstreet Does Savage food. not sure what time they finish serving at tho, I Think its 9.`

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Weirs On the mainstreet Does Savage food. not sure what time they finish serving at tho, I Think its 9.`

Yeah, 9 o clock every weeknight. Even soup and a sandwich is nicer than one of those awful ready made M&S sambos in the rain.

Advertisement