Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for son with reading problems

Options
  • 13-10-2009 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,I have a son with reading problems. His school is useless and I am looking for somebody who can teach him at home for an hour or two every week. Has anybody else used a tutor who they could really recommend? We need miracles here but I was the same way when I was his age so I know it can be done!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LINDA08

Unfortunately cannot recommend anyone but just wondering if Word Aid would be of any use, I know they mainly deal with adults but they may have a list of tutors registered with them, alternatively maybe the Speech Therapy Department in the County Clinic they might have a list of tutors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

How old is your son? Is he dyslexic? Have you had him tested. My daughter goes to the dyslexic workshop and my son has a tutor who comes into our house because he won't go to workshop. Never thought it was a prioroty because his dyslexia is milder but now he has started secondary school it is a major problem, emotionally as well.

Finally are you in the city.

Advertisement