Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread about collapsed trial, closed?

Options
  • 13-10-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering why this thread was closed?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055708195

I'm guessing it was because someone posted the names and locations of the accused parties in the thread.

Would it not have been better to just delete the offending post(s) rather than close the thread completely?

And the names and locations are within the article linked to in the OP, anyway.. as well as quoted in post no. 3 in the thread.

Why was the thread a problem? Just curious is all

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Have you PMed the Mod to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No, it wasn't closed by an AH mod, and tbh I forgot about the protocol of PMing the mod =p

Besides, the reason as to why it was closed may be of interest to others, so that they don't make similar threads/posts that could be legally damaging to boards in future

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Well Tom Young is one of our Legal Mods, so I presume he had his reasons.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Without having examined the thread in detail, it was locked in case of prejudicial/contempt of court issues. That forum is really not intended for general discussion and personal opinion. The charter is probably one of the more detailed on the site, and it should be heeded.

Without having examined the thread in detail, it was locked in case of prejudicial/contempt of court issues. That forum is really not intended for general discussion and personal opinion. The charter is probably one of the more detailed on the site, and it should be heeded.

The thread in question is in AH though, not the Legal Discussion forum. =/

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The thread in question is in AH though, not the Legal Discussion forum. =/
    Well, there's nothing in the mod log to suggest that it was moved, but that's probably some technical fault. I'd imagine what happened was it was a thread in LD, Tom Young locked/edited and moved it to AH where dr.bollocko merged it with others. Impossible to say for sure but that's my best guess.

Well, there's nothing in the mod log to suggest that it was moved, but that's probably some technical fault. I'd imagine what happened was it was a thread in LD, Tom Young locked/edited and moved it to AH where dr.bollocko merged it with others. Impossible to say for sure but that's my best guess.

That makes sense, though there would have been a gap between the time it was moved and when it was edited & locked

This post was obviously merged to the original, http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62515988&postcount=24

I read the thread in AH at about 2:30 today and this post was intact and unedited at that stage, while already in AH

So does that mean that the thread was moved to AH before a non-AH mod edited it?

Can mods from outside AH close threads within the forum?

I'm just confused as to why it's closed tbh, it's a typical AH thread really.

I assumed (wrongly obviously) that there had been a complaint against certain posts or something and that it was closed for legal reasons

Advertisement