Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Battery

• 13-10-2009 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where to get a battery fitted in a watch in Dublin city centre, close to Grafton St if possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

you might be able to do it yourself. theres a huge pack of watch type batteries in many sizes sold in the 2euro stores. I got one pack because it had the battery I needed for a 30yr old camera I have, it also has the size for my watch that stopped recently! not sure what Ill do with the 40 or so other batteries in the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

There is a watch repair shop upstairs adjacent Dawson Jewellers, opposite the whiskey shop at the St. Stephens Green end of Dawson Street.

If the watch back pops off as opposed to the screw type then you could try the DIY route as mentioned above. I've done it with several watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Thanks for the replies. Went to place in Stephens Green shopping centre and they were charging something like €15 (had to get a link fixed too and total bill was €35!) Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

if it is a screw down back a lump of blu tack + some wrist action works a treat

Advertisement