Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake boxes??

Options
  • 13-10-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin where I could buy cake boxes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Possum66

Cadiz wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin where I could buy cake boxes?

Hello, try Cakebox (:)) in Dun Laoghaire, they have all sizes, and cake boards, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

Many thanks Possum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

kitchen compliments have some, if you are looking for plain ones you can try the bakeries around town or in superquinn... the one in ranelagh gave me a big cake box for 2e last week!

Mega people, thank you. Making a sky-high lemon meringue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Little old shop on college street in the city centre that has them :)

• Advertisement

BDR wrote: »
    Little old shop on college street in the city centre that has them :)

Is that the one called Yeast? Great little place, but I don't dare to go there anymore, the old shop assistant is the grumpiest guy ever! Is he still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Possum66 wrote: »
    Is that the one called Yeast? Great little place, but I don't dare to go there anymore, the old shop assistant is the grumpiest guy ever! Is he still there?

I don't know the name sorry, there was an old man though, didn't look over joyed to see us when we went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hay, I spent a while looking to get cake boxes too, the one's in kitchen complements are ok but they cost €4.25 for a 10" box :eek:

I orderd 50 boxes from this site and got em delivered in 2 days, price works out at €1.30 a box. Best price iv found so far....

http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/

*edit: yeah the guy in Yeast is a bit iffy....

CC

Thankyou all. Have purchased in kitchen compliments but going to call in to Yeast Co someday out of nosiness - thought that place was long gone..

CombatCow wrote: »
    Hay, I spent a while looking to get cake boxes too, the one's in kitchen complements are ok but they cost €4.25 for a 10" box :eek:

I orderd 50 boxes from this site and got em delivered in 2 days, price works out at €1.30 a box. Best price iv found so far....

http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/

*edit: yeah the guy in Yeast is a bit iffy....

CC

So he is still there... He scared me off for life :D

Thanks for the address of this site btw, I will order the boxes, too. Cakebox is charging more, too, than 1.30 for a box. Nice, silver ones, but still, pricey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

That cake craft shop is super!

Postage a bit dear though - my order is 32.95.

Then 10.86 postage and 6.56 vat bringing it to over 50 pounds.

Anyone got a promo code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭tscul32

Google around. There are many online uk shops that do cake boxes so just check them with regard to delivery to ireland and cost per box and get the best value you can.
    I just ordered a supply from imaginativeicing.co.uk, but I'm heading to visit brother in law in a couple of weeks via car and ferry so have had it sent to his house for £3.95 flat delivery fee.
    Any friends going to/coming from uk by car??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fire_fly

Hi
    I'm in the same boat, carriage is a killer. I got the following prices from Decobake in Clane.
    They do:

8" €1.46 ea or 50 boxes @ €69.10 - €1.38 ea
    12" €2.76 ea or 50 boxes @ €111.61 - €2.23 ea
    16" 25 boxes @ €86.67

I live close enough to drive so I'm not sure if they provide a delivery option..

www.decobake.com

big price difference - I ordered the folding boxes.
    8inch 5pk - £1.50 so only 30p each.
    Probably worth considering ordering online. If you're ordeing a lot you'd probably still save.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

I order EVERYTHING for my cakes online. And it really works out cheaper in the long run even with the shipment charges. It is more profitable to order in bulk. But in any case you save your time and petrol, as the parcels from the UK cake shops are delivered right to your door in a couple of days after you placed your order and paid. That's important when you are busy with the cakes and just cannot spare any time for driving around hunting for very simple things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mrs Fanning

cake-stuff.com also have an ebay shop:

http://stores.shop.ebay.ie/WORDS-and-WISHES__W0QQ_armrsZ1

WORDS and WISHES
    Top UK sugarcraft suppliers offering best priced sugarpaste and other edible supplies, boards, boxes, colourings, cutters, equipment, cake tops, tartan ribbon, cake stands etc. tel.08456 589 100 (local rate) or visit our sites: www.wordsandwishes.com www.tartan-ribbon.com www.cake-stuff.com

They are timely (altho with the UK Postal Strike at the moment - place orders with plenty of time to spare!) and a pleasure to deal with! :):):):):):)

I second cake-stuff. I've found them to be the cheapest for most things.

Advertisement