Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SFIV Ken - When is his rushdown game better than Ryu?

• 13-10-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads. Something which I'm very confused about is that I read everywhere on the net that Ken has a very nasty rushdown game in comparison to Ryu but I don't really see how. I've gone into training trying to form rushdown strategies but best I've come up with is Cr. LPx2 / Cr. HP / HKN / FADC / Cr. MK / EX Tatsu. I know that its a combo but the idea is that I'm looking to apply pressure Fei Long style. Another problem is that it needs 3 EX bars and I can't use any of the other Tatsus because as everyone knows, he's vulnerable for throws after so any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ken, has that Standing medium kick which is a good poke in, If ya train with him and poke and dash in with that, into something like (Cr,lk, CR lp, Cr,mp, fireball) that can all be done pretty fast by Ken, Ryu aint got that, Everyone use's Ryu's fast fireballs for poking and gettin stuck in there!

Like that standing Medium kick is on of his best use's in SFIV in all fairness, you can add a good few things onto the end of it for a decent rush down

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Combos aren't a rush down game. A rush down game is varying different pokes, overheads and throws to get through your opponents block and set up a combo. It should also for the basis of your wake up game. Ken has better pokes than ryu with some of them having good range and also a kara throw where a move can be cancelled into a throw to give the throw a better range.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Ken, has that Standing medium kick which is a good poke in, If ya train with him and poke and dash in with that, into something like (Cr,lk, CR lp, Cr,mp, fireball) that can all be done pretty fast by Ken, Ryu aint got that, Everyone use's Ryu's fast fireballs for poking and gettin stuck in there!

Like that standing Medium kick is on of his best use's in SFIV in all fairness, you can add a good few things onto the end of it for a decent rush down

You mean the walk in kick? You can combo off that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Leprekaun wrote: »

Don't think you can combo off it easily, but it's excellent for applying pressure. His standing mk is the equivalent of an attacking dash forward, which is excellent for rush down, he also has that excellent jump in ex tatsu for crossup. I've been messing around with him for a bit online and he's definitely got the easiest rushdown options in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Leprekaun wrote: »

Tis possible yep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

kens rushdown is better than ryus all day long....
    fact!
    he is faster first off his srk is excellent and can interupt alot of moves, his forward medium kick is sick it can combo and its also the basis for his kara throw...
    he has a better ex tatsu the list goes on...

the whole point of rushing someone down is to make them make mistakes ken can defo play mindgame a bit better solely on movement speed and can capatalize quick on mistakes with that crazy ex srk of his... plus his pokes can stick you to the spot sometime his c.mk and forward.mk are serious pokes...

has anyone seen the cross up ex tatsu to ultra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

meducation wrote: »
    has anyone seen the cross up ex tatsu to ultra?

Seen it and suffered it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Seen it and suffered it!!

Someone pulled it online on me a few nights ago i was seriously shocked didnt even know it existed...

Advertisement