Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS in West Cork.

Options
  • 13-10-2009 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I am currently touring ireland.

Have never drove around ireland, but am planning a trip to West Cork.

Plan to go around Skibbereen and Baltimore.

Am thinking of driving around West Cork, but very unfamiliar with the roads. Was thinking if the GPS system in these areas of Ireland are good. Any blindspots around? A good GPS backup would give me more confidence to drive around.

Also was wondering if public transport would be an option to travel around West Cork?

Thanks

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

if the maps are up to date you should be fine. I used mine in the Skibereen/Schull area and it was perfect - no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mountain

+1,

maps around west cork will be grand, cant say the same about public transport, as it is infrequent and wont stray off the main towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

I reckon pick up a couple of OS maps of the area and you will be sorted, there is no need for GPS really as the roads are pretty well signposted and you really are never too far from civilisation to ask someone if you do get stuck...

Have fun I'm really jealous would love to be doing an Ireland tour...

Advertisement