Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding your way around Ireland !

• 13-10-2009 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

While stumblin/goooglin I happened upon the OSI (Ordinance Survey) maps,
    http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx#V1,600000,750000,0
    I was looking for a location for a possible photo shoot ! and these maps are excellent.
    So as an example:
    here you are, ie. the viewer, for this shot:

692D077E79F446EDBA11E6F530E02822-800.jpg

3AC24E981CD943249FF90CFA3A822127-800.jpg

It has a varity of maps, eg. the 2005, 2000, 1995 maps, and older.
    Note: the zoom is quite good aswell.

Another example:
    Cobh:

36FC973AAB69469B9124F5990446CDF4-800.jpg

So, why the point of this thread, well maybe, like me, find an interesting location; or people could use it to point out a location that they are interested in; or help someone else looking for a location, or for the Irish 'Where am I thread?'.
    Anyway, enjoy the link ! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Had to get used to the navigation. But I'm well impressed by the info in the hybrid map, even the apartment numbers in some houses are there and correct.
    Need to check now, where to take my next pictures:)

Advertisement