Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Sandyford.

Options
  • 13-10-2009 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi, I am planning to move to The Beacon. Does anyone know what it is like there? Is it a nice place to live?
    J
    progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

Ive heard its ok, you have the luas just down the road, ive heard a few are empty but thats like a lot of these places.

There is nothing really to do at night, its dead, maybe the hotel bar i guess which ive heard is nice.

Youll basically be living in an industrial estate, and the security around the area is pretty good, so it should be safe etc..

I thought about living up there in the cube buildings, until i seen that you get someone elses living room as a view.

Nice safe area imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Banjoseph

I live around the corner from there, know the area well. As the previous poster said, it's dead at night time, but that doesn't really matter as you are only 10 mins from Dundrum and 20 mins from St Stephens Green on the Luas. There's a good Dunnes there, a good O'Briens offy and loads of fancy furniture stores which are always empty.
    Great takeaway in the estate called Lets Eat In, and a Pizza Hut.

Any other questions, fire away......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

jackdoes wrote: »
    Hi, I am planning to move to The Beacon. Does anyone know what it is like there? Is it a nice place to live?

Have a look at their forum. It could give you an indication and you could ask questions there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jackdoes

They look great. And the Luas is right there. What time does the luas stop? How much is a cab from town if you have one pint too many? I guess the view varies and it looks like I can have a choice of apartments.

How long is the luas jouney at rush hour?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How much (rent) is the apartments there out of curiosity? Is there a website I can check them out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Banjoseph

The Luas journey times don't vary at different times of the day. It's a tram so it doesn't worry about the traffic ;)

Here more info
    http://www.luas.ie/timetable.php

Taxi shouldn't be more than €20 from city centre at nighttime
    if they use the N11.

Sounds good. Living in rathfarnham at the moment. Girlfriend uses luas. She reckons it takes 20 to 25 mins fron Dundrum. Maybe she is exagerating casue I don't think she likes the idea. I drive toward the m50 so not really bothered. I know the traffic used to be mad there but have heard its got better.

2 bed duplex in Cubes is now €1200. You can find them on www.daft.ie. I hope I haven't broke some rule by writing that.

€1150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 marmalade3

I own an apartment in Cubes 2, 5th floor, which is right up at the front of the complex almost beside the reception/concierge area. I have never had any complaints from my tenants, nor has the apartment been vacant for longer than a month so the general consensus is that its a pretty nice place to live.

Lots of fancy furniture stores but there's a good Dunnes Stores and lots of cafes.

Plus if you're sick, the Beacon Hospital is just across the road and you can go for a pint to the Beacon Hotel after they fix you up at the hospital!

Incidentally, rents for a 2 bed in the Beacon complex used to be 1800/month but have dropped recently reflecting the general trends in rents in Dublin.

Hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I've been up there a few times and it was dead, ghost town like dead. If you were getting an apartment for the right price, say 1000 for a two bed I'd think about it, otherwise don't. Personally I'd get an apartment in Dundum instead.

• Advertisement

Ya that's what I'm thinking too. The standard is much higher in Sandyford but it does seem a bit quiet.

Advertisement