Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iPhone Dual Dock charger Bargain

• 13-10-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Just picked this iPhone Dock today in TK max Mcdonagh shopping centre in Kilkenny for € 7.99 see pic Attatch
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

do you think they are available in all tkmaxxs?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

I think all TK max stores would have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Simon201

They had them in Blanch at the weekend but the date on them is 2007 (ie 1st gen iPhone) and that wont fit a 3gs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Simon201 wrote: »
    They had them in Blanch at the weekend but the date on them is 2007 (ie 1st gen iPhone) and that wont fit a 3gs
    Are you sure they won't fit?

According to this they have the same dimensions.
    Wouldn't make sense to change them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

OP, can you confirm it works with a 3G\3Gs. Apple changed the charging pins between the 1st gen and 2nd\3rd gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

bert911 wrote: »
    Just picked this iPhone Dock today in TK max Mcdonagh shopping centre in Kilkenny for € 7.99 see pic Attatch

already posted
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62483584&postcount=2

just be careful of the 2 available

Here is a quick Vid of a guy retrofitting an old iPhone dock for the new 3G model
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrrUW3cT-mg

iPhone 3g will fit in the dock bit tight do , over time will mark your phone so i'm go'n to retrofit it at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Simon201

Yeah it's not so much the connector, more the actual shape of the slot that the bottom of the phone fits into. When I got a 3gs it kinda fitted into my old dock with a strong push down but it just springs out. I'm sure it's possible to make it fit like in that vid by sanding away bits of it?

Advertisement