Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assignments

Options
  • 13-10-2009 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

What is te appropriate way to hand in assignments? i.e. is it ok to just staple pages together? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

amtaxi wrote: »
    What is te appropriate way to hand in assignments? i.e. is it ok to just staple pages together? :confused:

Different lectures, faculties, schools have different ways of doing things... Best thing to do is ask whoever you have to hand it into.

I had a lecturer who refused to accept anything with a staple in it "because it was bad for the environment". Another demanded it were stapled not dog-eared.

Best thing to do is just ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Different lectures, faculties, schools have different ways of doing things... Best thing to do is ask whoever you have to hand it into.

I had a lecturer who refused to accept anything with a staple in it "because it was bad for the environment". Another demanded it were stapled not dog-eared.

Best thing to do is just ask.

Lol, I know, some lecturers are so picky. A lecturer told us today that we were expected to hand up "word processed" assignment not in handwriting and that they "are not supposed to be folded in half" and "have to be stapled". The particular lecturer in question then spent about five minutes lecturing us about the "terrible and messy conditions" our previous assignments were in and not about the topics of the course in question. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

At least you dont have to get your reports bound. 5 bloody pages and they want it bound...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

bad for the enviroment?

i would give that lecturer a slap - i would take the inevitable banning from the dept and most likely ucd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

bad for the enviroment?

i would give that lecturer a slap - i would take the inevitable banning from the dept and most likely ucd

It was an organic farming module, so not that surprising really. Hippies, the lot of them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

amtaxi wrote: »

Most definitely not! A special, pristine, high gloss UCD assignment cover sheet covering your exquisitely fonted, sized and formatted assignment engrossed in a finely made leather folder (available to rent) is the only way to present all of this.
    The place to get all this done (including printing and formatting the assigment) is in Room 101 in Roebuck Castle. The price is €20 per assignment (incl. rental charge on leather folder)

Advertisement