Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virtual dial-up

• 13-10-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hi,

From time to time I have to access remote equipment using dial-up. I have seen software available that emulates modems and allows you to connect over the net instead (TCP/IP) but it's usually only for an instance where you can put the software onto the machines at either end of the tunnel.

What I would like is to put this virtual modem onto my laptop only and "dial-in" over the net to the remote far end which is still running as it is now in standard config.

The remote end is a GSM SIM which I dial to get access to the remote equipment.

Anyone know if this acan be done? It's not the cost of the calls or anything I'm trying to avoid it's the hassle of trying ot source a phone line for hte laptop whenever I need to dial-in. (I'm on the road a lot)

Another solution which would help would be a good ATA terminal that works with different ISP's / operators etc...... Not as handy but if I knew i could get dialling through it once I got a net connection it wouldn't be as bad.

Regards.

PS not sure if it should be posted here or in Net/Coms

Advertisement