Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360 elite jasper model from US

• 13-10-2009 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm getting sent a xbox 360 jasper elite from the states as a present Just wondering if anyone can tell me whats the story with playing games and dvds from this region? need to know before its sent
    cheers:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

you won't be able to play any games or films bought over here due to different region.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ian dunne

I was getting sent an xbox360 elite modded with ixtreme version 1.6 do you provide that service whats the cost?

if it is modded with iX1.6 there is no need to flash it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

only partially true on the games, but aren't alot of 360 games region free?

Make sure the power adapter accepts 220v power, probably does but just make sure. It will say it on a sticker on the actual power brick (look for "input:110-220v")

only partially true on the games, but aren't alot of 360 games region free?

yes, but we can't talk about region-free releases here ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

docentore wrote: »
    yes, but we can't talk about region-free releases here ;)

Of course we can, many Xbox games are legitimately region free, they're originals and can be played on Euro and US consoles.

As to the OP, I believe there's a new JTAG attack on the NAND for 2 motherboards which would (i believe?) allow you to change the region setting on your 360.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

While you can talk about region free games id say you cant talk about modding etc, theres a thread for it OP where any of the lads can shed some light on what modding options there are.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=528

pH wrote: »
    Of course we can, many Xbox games are legitimately region free, they're originals and can be played on Euro and US consoles.

As to the OP, I believe there's a new JTAG attack on the NAND for 2 motherboards which would (i believe?) allow you to change the region setting on your 360.

I wasn't aware of existence of original region free games.

anyway JTAG is not available for Jasper yet, and personally I think it will be only aivalable for 16mb NAND flash ones. And it is not as simple as flashing the drive, there is much more involved, believe me.

Yep most x360 games are region free, killjoys like EA are never RF and alot of Sports games.

Backing up a game dosnt make it region free infact it alters the game in no way.

in regards to the JTAG hack, new consoles now have the new bootloader which makes the hack impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

docentore wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of existence of original region free games.

There are indeed a lot of them - Play-Asia tests pretty much every game they get in and if it is confirmed region free, they add it to this section:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-fc-49-en.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement