Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pankration Academy Limerick

Options
  • 13-10-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everyone, I am thinking of taking up martial arts and am living in castletroy in Limerick. Pankration Academy is only a few minutes down the road from me so would be handy to train in. Has anyone here heard of it? Is it a good place to train? I might just give them a shout and see if I can get into a few classes to see what it's like...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭cletus

I have never trained with the Pankration guys, but I have trained with Ger Healy and Fergal Quinlan in Limerick, and I can highly recommend both of those guys. They have just opened a new place on the Dock Rd, address:

Combat Sports Centre
    B7 Corcanree Industrial Estate
    Dock Road
    Limerick

I cant recommend these guys enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

DanPaddy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am thinking of taking up martial arts and am living in castletroy in Limerick. Pankration Academy is only a few minutes down the road from me so would be handy to train in. Has anyone here heard of it? Is it a good place to train? I might just give them a shout and see if I can get into a few classes to see what it's like...

I can heartily endorse the Pankration Academy, Dermot and Catherine are two great coaches and their students are constantly improving in leaps and bounds.

Combat Sports Center is great too, don't get me wrong, but as you asked the question about pankration, I think it behooves me to reference that gym in my answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Mark as a holder of a degree in English and professed grammar Nazi, I must congratulate you on raising the standard of the written word on this forum with your contextually accurate use of the word "behooves". There is a cheque for 99c in the post from the Vocabulary Association of Ireland as we speak.

Actually can you send me Dermot's email please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DanPaddy

thanks for the reply lads. I'll give them a shout a call in

Advertisement