Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: TT Bike - Disc Wheel, Look Keo Pedals, Aero Helmet.

Options
  • 13-10-2009 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm getting fairly serious into the old time trialling recently and want every advantage available to me on my side before next season comes around!

• This means I am on the lookout for a rear disc wheel (the filled in ones) for Shimano cassettes, any make/brand and condition will be considered as will either Tubular or Clincher configurations. As long as it fast and cheap I don't mind. If anyone had a fairly deep section wheel or tri-spoke or something along those lines for the front wheel I'd probably be fairly interested too!
    • Also, I'd love to have an Aero TT helmet...like those pointy teardrop style ones. I had been looking at the Giro Advantage and Bell Meteor ones but anything along those lines would be great, as long as it has not been crashed or anything like that! I am usually a medium size, but might just about get away with a small if the price is right!
    • Finally, any type of Look Keo pedals would be great. I need one that takes the same cleat as my current Sprints and Carbons, condition and model doesn't really matter, as long as the price is right!

So, let me know if you can help me out in any way! I'm based in Limerick. Sound out if you can do anything...;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭quintana2

Hi pure bike, i have a loius garneu rocket aero helmet in medium, black with a red stripe helmet bag and origional box yours for €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭BikePure

quintana2 wrote: »
    Hi pure bike, i have a loius garneu rocket aero helmet in medium, black with a red stripe helmet bag and origional box yours for €50

Hey man...that sounds good enough! Any pictures and more info like reason for sale and condition etc? Also, whereabouts are you based...I'm in Limerick myself!

Is it anyhting like this which I found after a quick google search:

LGrocketairhelmetBKL.jpg

And is the helmet bag the same as this one, i.e. made for this exact helmet?
    trisports_2071_172661580

Has it ever even been used if it comes with the original box or did you just hang onto the box since when you bought it? Thanks again, I'm genuinely really interested. Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭quintana2

Hi same helmet but maybe a year or two older. the bag is cloth with a draw string color is different. its used but clean,there is a removeable visor but thats got a few scratches. Ijust kept the box to protect it while in storage. going free with the wheels;) I'm in tipp by the way.

Not bad...I'm in Limerick so close enough. If you could post up some pictures it would be absolutely great...I'm not after some really old antiquated looking thing if thats what it is! Haha, sure I'll see from the photos. Cheers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Bikepure, check the bike at bottom of the following link:

http://www.comeraghcc.com/?p=1248

You could ask the seller if he would part with the disk seperately, he is in clonmel so not that far from you. The Renn 575 is pretty good, I am running one myself and have no complaints.

• Advertisement

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Bikepure, check the bike at bottom of the following link:

http://www.comeraghcc.com/?p=1248

You could ask the seller if he would part with the disk seperately, he is in clonmel so not that far from you. The Renn 575 is pretty good, I am running one myself and have no complaints.

Haha, sound out man! It actually turns out I have already contacted him about doing exactly what you just said but no luck! Those Renn 575s are available new for around €440 delivered!

Ooops, I just had a look at the Renn website and they say the 575 has been discontinued and replaced by a new 555 for around $800...damn, a bit more expensive alright but is it worth the extra cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

You can still get the 575.. they have a batch where the finish is slightly wrong, the wheel itself is perfect. Clincher only (you may as well get the clincher in this wheel, its not much heavier than the tub which I have). Frank, the owner and builder is pretty sound to deal with too. Nice wheel, they are not carbon, they are a plastic honeycomb structure, like the inside of the cardboard box with a thin layer of plastic. Seem to be as fast as anything else out there though, hardwearing too and make a fantastic racket when they swoosh past you. Mine has been loaned out a few times this year and everyone who had it rated it very highly. My wheel has won about 5 TT's this year. Shame it wasn't on my bike on any of those occassions.

http://www.rennmultisport.com/~rennmem/store/commerce.cgi?product=DEAL

No disc better than it for the money I reckon. If you are down these parts you are welcome to try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

I have a spinergy rear kicking about and a disc somewhere.....

billy.fish wrote: »
    I have a spinergy rear kicking about and a disc somewhere.....

Sure please let me know, my standards at the moment aren't very high so anything would be great! Pictures would be much appreciated as would any other info like make and exact model...year etc along with the condition and reason for sale. If you wouldn't mind putting together your best price and letting me know where you are based that would be great too!

@Quigs: Thats seems pretty good value alright...€382 delivered sounds nice I must admit for a brand new disc wheel! Will see how I get on with billy.fish first and see where I go from after that! Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Charctos

Hi BikePure.

I have a disc wheel for sale if you are interested still? Its a 2003/2004 Pro model with dura ace hubs and its a clincher. Its a good enough wheel to break the hour and Im sure it would go much faster still. Im charging £300 for the wheel and some agreement could be reached about postage.

email me on charco_naily@hotmail.co.uk and I can send you pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm interested in an aero helmet if anyone had one in large? My head is around 59-60cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭columbus_66

Hi Blorg, I have a brand new Giro Advantage white\silver in Large 59-63cm if you want, yours for €110?

Hi Blorg, I have a brand new Giro Advantage white\silver in Large 59-63cm if you want, yours for €110?
    Thanks but that would be a bit pricey for me, I guess I'm hoping to get one at a knock-down price :)

Hi blorg, that's a good price for one of these new, but I have a LAS full visor helmet for €50 if you want secondhand? It's what I used last year and it is a full areo TT helmet.

Hi blorg, that's a good price for one of these new, but I have a LAS full visor helmet for €50 if you want secondhand? It's what I used last year and it is a full areo TT helmet.
    Hi, yes, I realise it's a good price, cheapest I can find it in large from a bike shop is £104.95 delivered. Just a bit much all the same!

Do you have a link to the LAS in question- also what size, also large? It could well be a good option for me if it fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Apologies for highjacking to the OP
    blorg wrote: »
    Hi, yes, I realise it's a good price, cheapest I can find it in large from a bike shop is £104.95 delivered. Just a bit much all the same!

Do you have a link to the LAS in question- also what size, also large? It could well be a good option for me if it fits.

Just to throw my twopence in the ring

Ive a white/grey (size L) in this I got early summer. Ive worn it 3 times and its in perfect condition. Protective bag .. the lot ...

http://www.all3sports.com/product_info.php?pName=louis-garneau-rocket-air-helmet-2009&jsenabled=1&osCsid=fe365b6ef19f018d2891bcad7ae29224

Open to any reasonable offer since Ive considered offloading it for a while now.

Dublin-based

Hi Lumen, It's a multifit and fits my head like the large Giro does.

http://www.glorycycles.com/lascraehe.html

It's the same as the white one in the link above but it is used and the visor has a few marks on it.

Hi Lumen, It's a multifit and fits my head like the large Giro does.

http://www.glorycycles.com/lascraehe.html

It's the same as the white one in the link above but it is used and the visor has a few marks on it.
    It was me who was asking, not Lumen! I'll take that off your hands for €50 if it fits which I presume it will. Not sure exactly when I'll make it out to you, maybe the week after Christmas?

See you after Xmas Blorg.

Advertisement