Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ddr v ddr2

Options
  • 13-10-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

i want to upgrade my ram, hp dv9500 laptop , there is 2x1gb ddr pc2 5300 sticks already, i would like to replace one of them with a 2gb stick, why is there only ddr2 and not ddr everywhere (e bay etc), i dont think ddr is compatible with ddr2? or am i wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ddr and ddr2 are not compatible at all, but 2x1gb ddr pc2 5300 would be ddr2 not ddr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭inlimboland

Thanks for the response, "DDR RVS 1.8v" is printed on the casing around the ram holder on my laptop, thats why i am assuming that it is ddr not ddr2.
    Edit- i bought it in america if that means anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭inlimboland

Ok I guess i'll go and order some ddr2 so.

It seems a bit strange that it would have printed - "ddr" on the plastic housing? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Everything you wanted to know about your laptop(page 54 for memory details,PC2=DDR2) and more!

• Advertisement
Advertisement