Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uruguay v Argentina

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

10 men for Uruaguay. Caceres off. The tackles have been amazing. Goal from free kick. They tried a whelan but Balotti got on the rebound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Another inspired substitution by Maradonna and look at him wallow on the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

poxy cnts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Tevez's mam goin mad again

j6n9zk.jpg

Heres Tevez. Sparky won't like this

Crazy South Americans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Atrocious game of football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I stayed up for that crap ffs

sickened

now we'll probably see Maradona in the WC ........whoopi do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Can I watch this on the interweb?

Or is it over already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you know what I rather the Ireland match than what we just saw

dreadful stuff, absolutely atrocious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Can't believe I stayed up for that.

Had all the makings for a classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Glad the Argies are going to the World Cup.

Let's now see Argentina vs England in the World Cup Quarter-Finals with the match looking like it's destined for penalties only for Lionel Messi to bundle the ball in the net in the dying seconds with his hand. England fans go mental as Maradona and Messi hug in joy whilst John Motson screams "This is a travesty!"

Ossie Ardiles reckons they will be one of the favourite for the world cup. If their qualifying campaign is anything to go by they won't make it out of the group stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

I love the way the media go about there business in South America. Its great. You'd never see anything like that over in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

super-rush wrote: »
    Ossie Ardiles reckons they will be one of the favourite for the world cup. If their qualifying campaign is anything to go by they won't make it out of the group stages.

Brazil only scraped into 94 World Cup iirc, so it could be a good omen for Argentina. I wouldn't read too much into the performance in qualifying anyway- there have been many teams that walk their group, only to disappoint at the main event- (eg. Spain at most tournaments).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Brazil only scraped into 94 World Cup iirc, so it could be a good omen for Argentina.

Definitely for the '02 world cup

Uruguay were dreadful and back to their poor disciplinary best. 53 fouls in the match before you count the times ref couldn't be bothered and just let play go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Watched the game in a bar in Buenos Aires, locals were seriously nervous, brutal game, massive doses of relief here all around although Chile doing unexpected favours meant people's nerves started calming early enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Brazil only scraped into 94 World Cup iirc, so it could be a good omen for Argentina. I wouldn't read too much into the performance in qualifying anyway- there have been many teams that walk their group, only to disappoint at the main event- (eg. Spain at most tournaments).

Aside from the fact that Brazil often dont play many of their top players in the qualifiers, up until recently that is.

Except Argentina SHOULD be worried, they are a shambles at the moment, its astonishing, (actually its not the guy is lunatic) that the possible the best player of all time, is arguably the worst international manager of all time. I dont think thats extreme and there is plenty of time for Maradona to fcuk up the team even more. Makes Domenech look like Wenger compared to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Aside from the fact that Brazil often dont play many of their top players in the qualifiers, up until recently that is.

Except Argentina SHOULD be worried, they are a shambles at the moment, its astonishing, (actually its not the guy is lunatic) that the possible the best player of all time, is arguably the worst international manager of all time. I dont think thats extreme and there is plenty of time for Maradona to fcuk up the team even more. Makes Domenech look like Wenger compared to him.

Staunton the best player of all time? Lol

I couldn't believe how poor Argentina were. They were lucky to come away with the win and their best player on the pitch today plays in the Championship. Maradona should really step aside out of the love of his nation. He could reserect his reputation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I watched it myself last night - very poor match with hardly no goal chances at all. Argentina managed to keep the ball last night and looked safe enough in defense. Uruguay looked very poor though and I cant see them doing much in the WC. Veron stroked the ball around nicely but it is a pity about the fallout with Riquelme as he fits this Argentinian team perfectly.

All in all, happy to see Maradona and Argentina go through - the WC will definitely be a more entertaining place when the circus rolls into town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Uruguay play Costa Rica in the qualifiers. Costa Rica needed a win in the States and led 2-0 at half-time but a 95th minute equaliser coupled with Honduras's 1-0 win in El Salvador put the Hondurans through, will be a difficult enough game for Uruguay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

No Riquelme in the side is the problem. They had a side built around Riquelme since 2005 & taking him out stops everything from work. They need Riquelme there to make things click. He's like what Xavi is to Spain/Barcelona. He's a key element in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

patmac wrote: »
    Uruguay play Costa Rica in the qualifiers. Costa Rica needed a win in the States and led 2-0 at half-time but a 95th minute equaliser coupled with Honduras's 1-0 win in El Salvador put the Hondurans through, will be a difficult enough game for Uruguay.

Im sorry what...?! Honduras are through to the World Cup?!

Advertisement