Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Error 1606 could not access network location %APPDATA%\

• 13-10-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Just wondering if anyone could help me with this?

I'm having trouble uninstalling certain programs from my laptop (using Vista) such as the MS Office 2007 Trial Version and Adobe Reader 8. Thats the error message that comes up when i do try...although its stopped coming up for MS Office, instead now when i try nothing happens at all.

I know I already made a thread about the MS Office but I couldn't find the exact error message I'd got until now.

Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Was this a work laptop? Usually when you get those type of errors if means the software was installed over a network and now it's looking for the network location of where it was installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LisaRed

Nope it's a home laptop.

I think from googling the error it has something to do with my Registry
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

So it is. Did you see the Microsoft guide Link
    If you don't feel comfortable editing the registry maybe you could get someone to do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

open a command window, and type in 'set'.

This should return the envoirment variables, check to see is there is a %appdata%\ entry. it might be in the path variable

you can change it by double clicking on the system icon in the ctrl panel, and going to advanced, and pressint the 'envoirment variable' button.

Advertisement