Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Essay - Education

Options
  • 13-10-2009 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get an Irish essay already written about The Importance Of Education or just Education? (in Irish obviously) I want to get a good one that I can learn off because I'm crap at writing essays!!! Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!!!:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

KateC92 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get an Irish essay already written about The Importance Of Education or just Education? (in Irish obviously) I want to get a good one that I can learn off because I'm crap at writing essays!!! Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!!!:confused:

The irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

+1 on the irony

I doubt you will get an essay written in irish online...you should know by now how to structure an essay....you should cover the following points:

1. the lack of teachers and how the dept of education is cuttin hours which leads to a lesser teacher/pupil ratio and students will suffer.

2. Lack of buildings- how gaelscoils are forced to stay in sheds and prefabs.

3. Student fees and cost of education. the state says its free but obviously not- what impact it has on people and what impact would the reintroduction of fees have on your/other students college education prospects.

There is so many angles you can cover with this topic....Plus if teacher strikes continue and the pay cut it could be a contender for the mocks or the lc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

KateC92 wrote: »
    The irony.

Oh, the beauty that is the Leaving Cert Irish curriculum!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

vladglenin wrote: »
    Oh, the beauty that is the Leaving Cert Irish curriculum!

Bollocks.

The beauty of the leaving cert in it's entirety.

The Irish curriculum is fine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

Fad wrote: »
    Bollocks.

The beauty of the leaving cert in it's entirety.

The Irish curriculum is fine..

Agreed. The Irish Curriculum didn't deserve that abuse. It's the exam for Irish that makes a shambles of the whole curriculum, considering how easy it has been to predict what was going to come up.

Btw fad, keep up the good work with your blog, I enjoy reading them and I admire your taste in music! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Unless your good at rote learning word for word then its pointless learning an essay as if you leave out a word, spell it wrong etc your gonna mess up.

Learn off helpful phrases and make it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Buy a book called Smaointe, useful for any essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

vladglenin wrote: »
    It's the exam for Irish that makes a shambles of the whole curriculum, considering how easy it has been to predict what was going to come up.

I didn't hear you complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I did this essay a few weeks ago and have a really long paragraph about the lack of PE classes in Irish schools - took up a lot of space so throw that in if you can ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 arlenemcgrath

wel i went 2 a gael scoil but sadly had 2 move 2 another schhol cos of lack of subject choice cos my gael scoil was really small cos its out n da true rural ireland and 2 travel 30mins n da car 2 school now compaired 2 3 mins or walk 2 it:(
    but anyways da main thing 4 irish essays is da nathanna chainte and the seanfocails try and get as many of dem possible in ur essays
    the main thing is grammer cos 80% of da marks go for it nd 20% for da story
    i reli hate doin dem:mad:get 1 nearly every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If you have the Fiuntas Irish books theres tonnes of Vocab in book 1 suitable.

You have to put the reality aside for some of these essays and make up an opinion thats easy to write about. The education system is bad because it has emphisis on academic and too much pressure, points system, students turning to drugs etc, easy to talk about those!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

havent read it, dont know what the grammar or anything is like in it..but..........
    http://lcirish.wordpress.com/aisti/an-cora-oideachas/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

RandomIrl wrote: »
    havent read it, dont know what the grammar or anything is like in it..but..........

There are spelling errors in the URL there - I wouldn't hold out much hope for the actual essay. :eek:

EDIT: I just read the essay. If a student handed that up to me they'd be lucky to get 50%. Best to get a revision book with lovely phrases in it and fill up a few pages with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

as ive said.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

as ive said.

You didn't actually say it. Said you didn't know about the grammar etc. I'm just confirming that it is bad in case anyone goes to the bother of learning this one off.

Advertisement