Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part of allen key broke off in screw!

Options
  • 13-10-2009 10:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, hoping someone can help me with this, I was trying to remove the flashhider on my CA M15A2 Rifle and while unscrewing the little screw, the top of the allen key broke off and is now stuck in the screw. Does anyone know if theres a trick to getting this little thing out? I've tried needles and other small things but still no luck!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

try saw a little slot in the screw and use a precision screwdriver to remove it

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Glue it back together?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Glue wont help remotely... Although one option is to freeze the gearbox, (in the freezer) and then flick the bit of allen key out... both will contract in the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Get a dart or some such thing and fiddle aboutwith it . Might pop out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Thanks for the help, I bought a multi tool thing that did the job after a few hours. Pretty much wrecked the flash hider though. All for a 203 launcher, but its worth it!

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement