Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls in engineering

Options
  • 13-10-2009 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I know that Engineering courses seem to be mostly males, just want any views on how you found it as girl doing engineering? Or as a man with barely any girls in your course? Did it make any difference with so few girls in the course or not? Did the girls in the course automatically sit together at lectures etc? I'm probably going to do engineering, but since I'm going to an all girls school at the moment it will be a big change!!! Please share you views.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pinkywoo

KateC92 wrote: »
    I know that Engineering courses seem to be mostly males, just want any views on how you found it as girl doing engineering? Or as a man with barely any girls in your course? Did it make any difference with so few girls in the course or not? Did the girls in the course automatically sit together at lectures etc? I'm probably going to do engineering, but since I'm going to an all girls school at the moment it will be a big change!!! Please share you views.

Hey not sure if you went ahead with the engineering, im currently in 3rd industrial engineering and the only girl, first and second year wasnt bad at all there was one other girl and we were able to have a laugh even though we kind of formed different groups. But third year has been very hard, as the lads kindof leave u out.. And since there's no women in the class anytime u do get break tats all they talk about... And they dont censor it... Some lads can be very description and somethings I wish I never heard.. They pick on me a little for been the only girl too cause im quiet a girly girl to b doing engineering, and a bit ditzy at times... Most the time doesnt bother me but sometimes it really gets me down...

Advertisement