Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Levin or SIR?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

The TRD Front Bumper was designed using windtunnels so actually provides proper downforce when you're driving at speed (very noticeable too). They also have better build quality (and are much more expensive) than the Bomex which is basically a cheap rip-off (it's also too low so much more likely to catch on speed bumps)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

ya fair enough Kaiser, i just prefer the look of the Bomex one to be honest.
    my levin is pretty low and never had any problems with my bomex bumper over speed bumps, except maybe the bigger bumps around UL!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Testament1 wrote: »
    ya fair enough Kaiser, i just prefer the look of the Bomex one to be honest.
    my levin is pretty low and never had any problems with my bomex bumper over speed bumps, except maybe the bigger bumps around UL!:(

Off topic, what colour is your levin? Never saw it aroun UL...

Back on topic, as said already you have to check over a levin carefully due to the suspension being fairly costly to replace. The toyota engines are also known to perform poorly on Irish fuel. Most levins make around 150bhp with a few mods here.

I'd go for an SiR over a levin due to this.

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    Off topic, what colour is your levin? Never saw it aroun UL...

Back on topic, as said already you have to check over a levin carefully due to the suspension being fairly costly to replace. The toyota engines are also known to perform poorly on Irish fuel. Most levins make around 150bhp with a few mods here.

I'd go for an SiR over a levin due to this.

my levin is white. you wouldnt have had much oppurtunity to see her this semester as i havent had it in limerick much yet this year. i'll probably be bringing her around UL again in a few weeks. as for the fuel i run mine on Maxol E5, supposed to be a slightly higher octane rating due to the ethanol addition. back on topic the main drawback of the levins is the suspension which wasnt designed with our **** roads in mind. however the levins with MacPherson strut will be easier to maintain than the Super Strut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I think it's worth it for the Superstrut, once the arms have been replaced it will last a reported 100,000 KM (that is, as long as you're not running stupid 17" wheels like a lot of Levins in the country).

The SS suspension is the best thing about this car (after the Blacktop engine), a Levin with McPherson strut just ain't the same.

• Advertisement

mines running on a set of 15s. as for the standard superstrut well i cant really comment on that as this is my first levin and she came equipped with TRD coilovers which i find to be great!:D

Advertisement