Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy a Windows Vista Key

• 13-10-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Built a new computer recently and teh guy in the shop put Windows Vista Ultimate onto for me. The evaluation period runs out in a few days so I need to know where the nest place to get a key is.

I have a copy of XP but apparently it only supports up to 3Gig RAM. You need a 64-bit OS to support more (something I didn't know when I bought my 8Gigs). Would I actually be better off waiting for Windows 7?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭skibum

I would wait for 7, using the trial version, when that expires next june I'll pay for the key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, wait for 7. It comes out on the 22nd of this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭homer911

There are some sites out there that claim to show you how to extend the evaluation period by an extra 30 days if you are really stuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Iirc the 30 day Windows 7 trial period can be legally extended twice, ie a trial period of 90 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Wait for Win7. It's out in a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MrMagic1

skibum wrote: »
    I would wait for 7, using the trial version, when that expires next june I'll pay for the key.

Although the Release Candidate of Windows 7 will keep running until June 1, 2010, it will however shutdown every 2 hours starting March 1, 2010

From the wiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

The release candidate for 7 is no longer available right? I'll probably wait for 7 so. Best place to buy? I heard that you don't need to a re-install of all your stuff. Is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Not sure how the recent agreement between the EU and Microsoft will affect it, but originally, there was no upgrade option for Windows 7, it was only the full retail version, which meant you would have to backup all your personal stuff yourself.

As I said that might have changed with Microsoft agreeing to giving the user the choice of which web browser to install.

Advertisement