Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who am I and what have I done with the couch potato I used to be?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

good to see you back in action,

jb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Haven't posted here in a week or so.

Got a couple of short runs in last week, but nothing to write home about.

4.4km tonight in 29:08. This was my most comfortable run since I started back so I'm happy.

Determined to get back to the club on Wednesday night. Was supposed to start back last Wednesday but the weather was so manky I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Have 4 weeks til the Aware 10k and determined to better my Donadea time so it's head down and feet forward for the next few weeks!

Didn't make it to training last night between the crappy weather and watching Thierry play handball!

Dragged my ass off the couch tonight and forced myself out, despite the weather for 4.35km (29:10). Horrible, horrible, manky, awful weather for running. The wind was so strong, it was raining. Can I call myself a real runner now? lol!

Can't edit previous post for some reason but I mapped the run incorrectly so it was actually 4.6km in 29:08.

30 minutes on the treadmill today alternating between 8.5kph and 10kph. Couldn't face heading out in that weather. When is it going to clear up?????

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

See you tomorrow eve (regardless of weather!!!!!!!)

• Advertisement

Stupid horrible crappy manky weather! You know it's really bad when my dogs refuse to leave the house lol!

Off to attempt 10km on the treadmill shortly. Have updated my ipod with a new playlist in the hope that it will get me through the monotony of it

On the plus side I'm off to amphibian King at 4 to get my new runners :)

Got delayed heading to the gym so only had time for 5k before I had to head to Amphibian King. I'm now the proud owner of a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9 :) The difference compared to my current runners is unbelievable, they're so much more supportive. Looking forward to trying them out properly this week (need to break them in before Aware!)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

how about breaking those shoes in on wed evening. The hard part about running at this time of the year is deciding to run. . . The rest is easy. See you on wednesday!

:o:o:o Disaster of a week. Car decided to pack it in and because it's an automatic the garage wouldn't tow it around to have a look at it. Took me 3 days before I finally managed to sort it out. Had an assignment due in (doing a part-time postgrad at the moment) which took me way longer than expected and between all that, work, and having to mind my nieces I didn't get out for a run at all this week.

Finished my assignment this morning and rewarded (???) myself with a 7k run. Aware next Saturday, for which training has been ridiculously haphazard. Going to get that over with and then start my connemara training in earnest.

No point in having a half assed approach to this running malarky and being disappointed come April!

Advertisement