Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bricked 360

Options
  • 13-10-2009 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello, hello. I was half asleep, and did a system update for my 360, which has a flashed drive. It now boots to a single red light, and an error screen. (e80) Is it bricked for good, or can I just reflash?

My GT doesn't seem to be banned, but I'm also paranoid about using it on other, non-modded consoles. Would it ban a legit console if I used my "dirty" GT on it?

Comments

Hmm you mean a system update fro m XBL or you were updating the drive firmware?

System updates have no effect on modded consoles, so not sure what your problem is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Licoriceking

I'm pretty sure it was a system update, I was attempting to sign into live while playing a Brutal Legend rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ok so run through your steps:

eg. I put in brutal legend,
    It asked for an update,
    I let it update and the game launched
    While in the game i tried to sign into live
    the console turned off
    Now it wont turn on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

have you moded your console in any other way (Infectus chip etc)?

Did you buy it new or second hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

give this a try!!

Clear Any Failed system updates that cause the console to error.

1. With the console off, press and hold the sync up button (the small white one)
    2. While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console
    3. Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.
    4. During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

that should do it. if not let me know

• Advertisement

Tried the sync button thing, no dice. Anyways:

Was playing Brutal Legend SP, no ethernet cable plugged in. Signed onto my profile, but obviously not online. Went to the main menu in Brutal Legend then went to the multiplayer tab. Plugged in the ethernet cable. Pressed the guide button and selected to sign into live. Got a system update notification, hit OK to install it. System rebooted after install, and now goes straight to the e80 error screen with one red light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

ok I will ask again, did you get the xbox new or sh? do you know of any other modifications done to the console than dvd flash?

No other mods that I know of. I got it from microsoft after my old one RROD'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 II Skelly x

This is bound to happen. Microsoft are bringing in Wave 4 soon. Its due to the high amount of people that will be downloading MW2

This is bound to happen. Microsoft are bringing in Wave 4 soon. Its due to the high amount of people that will be downloading MW2

Whats that got to do with this, his 360 failed after an update, nothing to do with flashed drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement